I just bought the CRJ

bigbluss

Hey all,

I usually play DCS but I bought MSFS with the CRJ.

I've tried multiple camera views, zoom level etc, using the "close" camera., But no matter what I do the view is fish eye lensed and I feel like I can see much more than I should.

The MFDs are very far away and tiny. I'm guessing in reality you're far closer to the dash with a more limited fov?

Can anyone help me resolve this please?

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, bigbluss said:

But no matter what I do the view is fish eye lensed

Please show a screenshot of what you see when you load the aircraft.

vor 3 Stunden , bigbluss sagte:

I've tried multiple camera views, zoom level etc, using the "close" camera., But no matter what I do the view is fish eye lensed and I feel like I can see much more than I should.

There are nice tutorials of: "How to set up custom views in MSFS". Watch at least one of those.

Summary: You can set up your "Cockpit views" by your liking and save them by pressing CTRL+ALT+[Number]. You can the assign Keys and Buttons to those Custom Views.

Hi, here are some examples how it could look like, especially the MCP view need care as you should be able seeing what MCP ALT selected.

Would also reccomend assigning hotas buttons for the views as you will need them over and over again (even with TrackIr i assigned 9 views).

...for the landing ALT (cabin ALT) you need to popout the relevant CRT screen by clicking on it (RightALT key + LeftMouse click for a bigger framed version).

Please login to display this image.

vor 23 Stunden , GEK_the_Reaper sagte:

There are nice tutorials of: "How to set up custom views in MSFS". Watch at least one of those.

Summary: You can set up your "Cockpit views" by your liking and save them by pressing CTRL+ALT+[Number]. You can the assign Keys and Buttons to those Custom Views.

That’s basically true but unfortunately after i restart the sim all pre saved customsviews in the crj are gone...

@LederhosenCharly

Do you have Steam or Store MSFS?

In the store version the file that saves the views CAMERAS.CFG for e.g. CRJ700 is located here: ....\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_CRJ_700

Please check if you have write permissions to that file. (Maybe MOVE it to another place . Next time you start MSFS with the CRJ700 it would be created again with Aerosoft preset views). If you save custom views, that file should update with a CAMERADEFINITION.n entry.

vor 56 Minuten, GEK_the_Reaper sagte:

@LederhosenCharly

Do you have Steam or Store MSFS?

In the store version the file that saves the views CAMERAS.CFG for e.g. CRJ700 is located here: ....\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_CRJ_700

Please check if you have write permissions to that file. (Maybe MOVE it to another place . Next time you start MSFS with the CRJ700 it would be created again with Aerosoft preset views). If you save custom views, that file should update with a CAMERADEFINITION.n entry.

I have the store version ... thx for your help... i also start the msfs as admin to get all rights right... i ll keep an eye out for that file !

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks all. Turns out my zoom level was at default (which I believe is essentially FOV). For whatever reason (presumably because it's pretty, albeit not functional), Asobo opted to have the default zoom level essentially look like a fish eye lens. 

Archived