Aerosoft A330 Sound issues

I really enjoy flying the A330, however recently I had a problem. Whislt on vatsim at times when switching between controllers on coms the airplane audio will randomly reduce to about 50%. I normally like to have had the audio at 100%, as i love to hear the noice of the airplane. Its really loud but like I said randomly when changing to a different controller the sound will reduce by half. There is nothing that I can do to fix this. I should point that I have had this issue for a few months now... maybe more. its not always been a issue, I have not changed any of my audio settings, nor equiment, nor nothing via vpilot since evening getting the airplane... well over a year ago !

Ok... I am aware of what this issue will cause, thus I also have had the 'do nothing' option ticked. I have gone and checked my settings and this is the case. I thought it could have been that, but either way i knew this wouldnt be the problem even thought it sounds like it. Like I said I had thinked and not changed that for well over 2 years now... I never touch that.

There is a known issue with windows 'audio ducking' since mid february (some mandatory update...) and there is a lengthy discussion in AVSIM p3d forum.  What fixed it for me was changing the audio devices in p3d sound settings from 'Default audio device...' to 'Realtek...'  (or whatever device you've got). Others reported that only toggling the comm settings (changing from 'do nothing' to other and back) after every boot of windows did help... Maybe this helps...

Archived