SPAD.neXt Profile for the Aerosoft CRJ and Virpils Mongoose CM2 / CM3

Since most of the functionality from the Aerosoft CRJ is not mappable from with MSFS itself due to LVARS being heavily used and being an owner of some of Virpils equipment, I was looking for a way to get my HOTAS back in action aside from just using the throttle and flaps lever aside from some other buttons.

I checked into SPAD.neXt, Axis and Ohs and Linda (plus FSUIPC). Even though all of those programs serve their purpose and deserve their due respect, I finally went with SPAD.neXt. It’s the most expensive of those three, but as far as I’m concerned and this is just my own opinion, AoH seems far too complicated to me at the moment even though the develope is a master in supporting his user base and even though Linda is free it need FSUIPC and looks like it still has some way to go.

To cut a very long story short, SPAD.neXt on the other hand was okayish to get into and I’ve finally completed what I would call my first installment of a profile for Aerosofts CRJ and the Virpil Mongoose throttle I own. I’m far from done, yet and it could be as well buggy here and there but it could serve others as an example and may save some of you some time to figure certain events out, especially when you’re going to get into SPAD.neXt.

Active mappings so far:

*) B1 = Battery Master
*) B2 = AC
*) B3 = APU
*) B4 = Hydraulics (halfway working; the only flip down all at once, yet)
*) B5 = L / R Boost Pumps
*) T4 = Beaconlight
*) T3 = Nav lights
*) T2 = Strobe light
*) T1 = Landings lights
*) T5 = Autopilot Eng
*) T6 = NAV

*) E1 = set and change VS mode (set to Encoder dial and Delay in VPCs configuration tool)
*) E2 = set and change ALTmode (set to Encoder dial and Delay in VPCs configuration tool)
*) left dial on the throttle = adjust / set Heading bug; switch HDG/ Roll with the button to the right on top (see VPC config above)
*) right dial on the throttle = set IAS; enable Speed with the button on top of the wheel (see VPC config above)
*) B6 = Master Warning / Caution reset

I tried to keep the button animations and lightings working. Some things, e.g. the flaps lever, the throttle and the now “heading” dial up left on the throttle still work through their settings from within MSFS itself.

Download below and save it to your Documents\SPAD.neXt\profiles folder. Then restart SPAD.neXt.

CM2.xml

• Aerosoft

Hi Aprodigy,

Many thanks for your shared experience and knowledge.

For information only, here is a a basic tutorial on AxisAndOhs : 

vor 30 Minuten, SimWare sagte:

Many thanks for your shared experience and knowledge.

For information only, here is a a basic tutorial on AxisAndOhs

No problem and thanks for the flowers, sir.

What made me somewhat crazy about AAO was that I couldn't find some kind of "event viewer" like in SPAD.neXt to see what LVARS and what values are being used when pushing a button for example, like this (here it's the battery master, the AC, some light and finally starting up the APU for example):

Please login to display this image.

It has made a lot of things way more easy for me because most of the time I didn't have any idea what LVAR / value(s) is involved in a certain action and was somewhat tired to google for them. That I can filter for events is just a cherry on top in SPAD.neXt.

It may very well be that AAO comes with something similar but I just couldn't find it. If it exists - stupid me. In case it doesn't it would be a very good addition to AAO to simplify things for beginners like me but there are just some many LVARS to chose from in the LVAR tree that at least I was having a hard time.

• Aerosoft

I don't think it exists in AAO indeed.
I have been looking fot it too...
The closer you can get is to see what function is in use.
If your function only uses one L-Var, then you know...
Otherwise you have to guess...

However I am not the best expert.
I may have missed something.
If I come up with some info, I will let you know.

Take care.

• 5 months later...
On 4/8/2021 at 11:30 AM, aprodigy said:

No problem and thanks for the flowers, sir.

What made me somewhat crazy about AAO was that I couldn't find some kind of "event viewer" like in SPAD.neXt to see what LVARS and what values are being used when pushing a button for example, like this (here it's the battery master, the AC, some light and finally starting up the APU for example):

Please login to display this image.

It has made a lot of things way more easy for me because most of the time I didn't have any idea what LVAR / value(s) is involved in a certain action and was somewhat tired to google for them. That I can filter for events is just a cherry on top in SPAD.neXt.

It may very well be that AAO comes with something similar but I just couldn't find it. If it exists - stupid me. In case it doesn't it would be a very good addition to AAO to simplify things for beginners like me but there are just some many LVARS to chose from in the LVAR tree that at least I was having a hard time.

How can you filter for events?.  I'm right there, but I'm unclear how to do it.  When I have the 'autoscroll' events on, it just scrolls so fast when I push a controller button , there is not way to see what I'm pushing.  Thanks for any ideas on the filtering thing you're talking about.  It must be right in front of my and I'm just missing the boat.

vor 1 hour , bad_turbulence sagte:

How can you filter for events?.  I'm right there, but I'm unclear how to do it.  When I have the 'autoscroll' events on, it just scrolls so fast when I push a controller button , there is not way to see what I'm pushing.  Thanks for any ideas on the filtering thing you're talking about.  It must be right in front of my and I'm just missing the boat.

Theres videos on youtube from LesOReilly

He's THE Spad.Next expert around here

Oliver

Archived