Struggling with speed mode

9 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Yes!!! It finally works! I deleted all yoke and throttle mappings except for throttle, flaps, gear and roll/pitch. Now I'm going to re-map every button and axis I need one by one to find the culprit. It wasn't the trim (I'd already deleted that one). I'll report back when I've found it. This was really driving me crazy.

Nice!

It isn't obvious what issues bindings can cause from my experience so it is easy to miss. Especially when the state in the cockpit looks normal. IE: The internal state doesn't match the UI.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 11:51 AM, Shack95 said:

Yes!!! It finally works! I deleted all yoke and throttle mappings except for throttle, flaps, gear and roll/pitch. Now I'm going to re-map every button and axis I need one by one to find the culprit. It wasn't the trim (I'd already deleted that one). I'll report back when I've found it. This was really driving me crazy.

Interested to hear what you found in the bindings. I also have Bravo and Alpha and running into these same exact problems. I felt like everything worked prior to the first update and then after it just stopped. SPD will never capture and adjust pitch and sometimes V/S will stop descending at random altitudes. Guess for now ill just do same as you and clear the control inputs and remap.

On 21.4.2021 at 15:51, zfgohan sagte:

I felt like everything worked prior to the first update and then after it just stopped.

I‘m not 100% sure but that‘s how I remember it as well. 

On 21.4.2021 at 15:51, zfgohan sagte:

Interested to hear what you found in the bindings. I

I haven‘t had the time yet to thoroughly analyze it. The little time I had I used to enjoy flying the plane. My suspicion is that it had something to do with the autopilot. At some point I started to use the AP knob on the Bravo to set the V/S. It could be a coincidence but the problem began at roughly the same time. Another reason could be that I had two bindings for the flaps (buttons and axis). But that‘s just guessing. I‘ll post it here when I‘ve found it.

I encountered the same issue - first of all i had to turn on anti ice at around fl250, the plane lost a lot of speed rapidly but the really weird thing is it set its trim to 15 - totally wrong trim, after that i disengaged the ap, trimmed the nose down to get some speed and at around 290 knots i engaged the ap again, the plane trimmed the plane again to 15 - the nose all the way up ... that happend also while decending ... first time that happened to me. I use the thrustmaster flight pack 16000 with pedals and i have the trim set to an axis. Next time ill unbind this trim axis and see what happens...

1 hour ago, LederhosenCharly said:

I encountered the same issue - first of all i had to turn on anti ice at around fl250, the plane lost a lot of speed rapidly but the really weird thing is it set its trim to 15 - totally wrong trim, after that i disengaged the ap, trimmed the nose down to get some speed and at around 290 knots i engaged the ap again, the plane trimmed the plane again to 15 - the nose all the way up ... that happend also while decending ... first time that happened to me. I use the thrustmaster flight pack 16000 with pedals and i have the trim set to an axis. Next time ill unbind this trim axis and see what happens...

Do not use an axis for trim with the CRJ. That is absolutely guaranteed to cause problems. All jet aircraft use electrically operated trim actuated by switches. MSFS does provide assignable switch bindings for trim up and trim down, and most yokes for flight sim use do have a two-way rocker switch for trim. 

For a similar reason, the CRJ flaps should never be assigned to an axis either, but rather to switch bindings for extend/retract flaps.

Hi JR i might missed my point above -

i assigned it to buttons,m, sorry for the misleading info ... on the frontside of the TM 16000 Throttlequadrant there are some buttons wich works perfectly for trim in the a320 ... but as mentioned above - the crj trimmed it selve to 15 - loading was absolutely inside all limits !

Hello,

I don't know if it's your case. I am using the Bravo Throttle Quadrant, and for now, I removed all the bindings related to the autopilot. I am just using the throttles and the flaps handle. I switch on the buttons in the cockpit. No more issues since then with Speed or VS mode.

• Thanks 1

• Developer
3 hours ago, LederhosenCharly said:

Hi JR i might missed my point above -

i assigned it to buttons,m, sorry for the misleading info ... on the frontside of the TM 16000 Throttlequadrant there are some buttons wich works perfectly for trim in the a320 ... but as mentioned above - the crj trimmed it selve to 15 - loading was absolutely inside all limits !

Please check the various FAQ postings dealing with non normal behaviour. 

• 1 year later...