Activating Sec FlightPlan , Procedure Question

Hi , 

Last night I did a flight to KASE , when I got to the TOD , the weather was below minimums to land there on RWY 15 ,  I then tried to do a Sec Flight Plan to the alternate , but the FMS would not follow that flight plan , Can I please be given the right procedure or IS it a Bug

The alternate was to KCOS .. 

Regards

Lawrence

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you try to make a direct to a suitable waypoint after activating the secondary flight plan? More often than not when activating the secondary flight plan you are not already on the first active leg there so some cleanup is needed for the FMC to understand where you want to go and how to catch the route.

9 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Did you try to make a direct to a suitable waypoint after activating the secondary flight plan? More often than not when activating the secondary flight plan you are not already on the first active leg there so some cleanup is needed for the FMC to understand where you want to go and how to catch the route.

I tried to DIR to a couple of the Waypoints in the "NEW" Flight plan , But it just started to hunt and keep turning left ... 

But I am sure you guys will get it right , BTW This is a great plane flies great , Reminds me of my young days doing my ATPL ..  

Regards

Lawrence 

55 minutes ago, Chaxterium said:

Did you activate the secondary flight plan so it became the active flight plan? You can't go direct to waypoints on the secondary flight plan.

yes I activated the SEC FPLN , then selected DIR 

1 hour ago, M4cD said:

yes I activated the SEC FPLN , then selected DIR 

Darn. I was hoping that was the issue. What happens if you just make the waypoint the active direct-to waypoint instead of using the DIR-TO button?

On 4/7/2021 at 4:39 PM, Chaxterium said:

Darn. I was hoping that was the issue. What happens if you just make the waypoint the active direct-to waypoint instead of using the DIR-TO button?

I tried every waypoint in the new plan , kept looking for the previous waypoints "I think" It was hunting , Sure its a Bug but I am patient , this is the best CRJ in any platform .. 

Regards

Lawrence

Archived