MSFS2020 CTD after I hit Fly

Hi, 

Since the last update when I load MSFS2020 , I can get to the world map menu, I select a departure and a destination airport. I use the Cessna 172 default airplane. The simulator start loading the flight and I get a "FlightSimulatort.exe has stooped working" message. see picture 1

Please login to display this image.

This is what I get in the event monitor:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60420f33
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60420f33
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000014335c4
Faulting process id: 0x1324
Faulting application start time: 0x01d72714abe3efa2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: ea33f0d7-4119-4dc6-9381-9624667ef733
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I have attached the event log and report

Report.wer

event log.txt

I have no addons in the community folder, I run windows10. I run Nvidia graphic driver 461.72.

I have reset my profile setup in MSFS2020 to the default value.

I also tried the repair option in window apps menu.

I have open a request (#100219) with Microsoft support. https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/requests/100219 and tried everything they suggested to do, except a re-install.

Because I have the original Box version I do not want to re-install and have to redo all the patches again. 

So any help would be more the welcome.

Pierre

Thanks you,

I have tried everything in the guide and nothing works. I still have the same CTD when I hit fly. So I guess I now have two options:

1- Wait for another patch  and see if it will solve my problem

or 

2- Do a clean install. Because I owned the box version I will have to reload the ~400 gigs of patches that came out since the  original launch. My internet connection is limited to 150 gigs/month, this will be a long and expensive process.   I was wondering, if I now buy the download load version from the Microsoft Store, I guess I will get the most current version and avoid the patch update.  There is no guarantee that even with a clean install, it will fix my problem, so I might have to re-install more then once.

Too bad we cannot get a updated version of the DVD.  

Pierre (good thing I have P3D & your Airbus330 installed and working find) 

• Deputy Sheriffs

A reinstallation of the Box version can be done as download via the "Microsoft Store".

In this case you will get the latest version MS is providing for download. However I have no idea what version that is, and what updates will still be needed afterwards.

This is great news, I will try that. Do you know if a guide exist on how to do this? Just a step by step instructions?

I just need then step after you uninstall the software using the settings-app-un install msfs2020.

I guest you re-install using the Microsoft store? How do you get the installer to download, instead of using the DVD's?

Pierre  

• Deputy Sheriffs

First uninstall your current installation via the Windows Settings.

Then open the "Microsoft Store" app and get via the "..." in the top right corner into "My Library". There you will find the MSFS entry with an "Install" button. Just hit it ;) 

• 3 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived