SAM Followme

SRobert

Hello,

i have the problem, that SAM stuck in "Loading resources" message... as i checked the Log is said f.e.: (picture attached)

[17.46.53] [sam:debug] FollowMePage: World pointer found

[17.46.53] [sam:debug] FollowMeController: baseResourcesLoaded=true, airportResourcesLoaded=false

[17.46.53] [sam:debug] FollowMePage: follow me resources are not loaded

[17.46.53] [sam:debug] FollowMePage: Aircraft wingspan = 34.168842

[17.46.53] [sam:debug] FollowMePage: Aircraft width code = c

(log attached)

Like FlyAgi said, i deleted all apt. caches, but its not helping at all. 

Are there any plugins, we should be aware of?

I did a fresh install and its not working on any airport even default.

what i also noticed, that i have two entries of SAM in my plugins register inside XP11. 

1.Register SAM

Airport Operation System, Colours&Seasons, Version&Licence, Authoring Tool, Help

2.Register) SAM

Show Interface

Show Authoring Tool

Looking forward to hearing from u soon. At least, i couldnt use it since i bought it on 12/24/2020.

Kind regards

Robert

Please login to display this image.

2021.04.06-17.41.29-log.txt

• Developer

Did you install SAM using SAM Suite and did you update everything to the latest version? The SAM plugin has a 'rebuild database' option somewhere so you don't need to delete the apt.cahe files manually, this was added in an update short time after the SAM Follow Me release but it's for sure in the latest version.

Having two SAM entries in the XP menu bar is not right, sounds like a messed up SAM installation to me.

On 6.4.2021 at 20:28, FlyAgi sagte:

Did you install SAM using SAM Suite and did you update everything to the latest version? The SAM plugin has a 'rebuild database' option somewhere so you don't need to delete the apt.cahe files manually, this was added in an update short time after the SAM Follow Me release but it's for sure in the latest version.

Having two SAM entries in the XP menu bar is not right, sounds like a messed up SAM installation to me.

Hello,

thanks for the response.

Yes, i am using the SAM Suite since last year. 

I even deinstalled everything via the SAM Suite. I read that there is not need for manually installation anymore.

Are there any entries in the AppData section i also have to delete?

Versions:

SAM Base Plugin 2.2.4

Follow me 1.0.3

SamSuite 1.3.0

Ok i know now, why i have two entries of SAM inside XP11... obviously brings Flightbeam Studios KPDX scenery a separate SAM version 1.08. - they are not mentioning it in their manuals. So i kicked that out.

But i still get the "Loading resources" message...

• Developer

This should be fixed by only using the latest SAM plugin in theory. Did you try the 'rebuild database' button in SAM? I suggest the following procedure:

1. Make sure you have no duplicate SAM plugins installed
  2. Delete SAM manually by removing the SAM folder from "X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins" (if you have lots of Extension installed just move it to your desktop so you don't have to download them again)
  3. Run SAM Suite (latest is 1.4.x) check that SAM is not installed and install latest SAM and the Follow Me extension
  4. Start X-Plane and see if it works
  5. If it still does not work use the 'rebuild database' button in SAM

If this all does not fix your issue please submit a support ticket to the Stairport help desk:

https://stairportscenerieshelp.freshdesk.com

Archived