Unflyable!

Alan Coates

Something badly wrong with this plane. EGBB TO LOWI

For the second time all screens frozen. Only wheels worked. Even the Reverser did not work. Managed to land at EDDM, that is only because of MSFS stupidly allowing the use of alerions, rudder even though the plane is cold dark (or maybe we have hydraulic arms). No control surfaces graphically worked. I had only ground reference and guesswork of my speed that I managed to land safely. Don't think that would have been the case in RL. Could not power down the engines or use any controls in the cockpit. I've been really enjoying this plane but as it is, it's unflyable in any realistic way. Please Aerosoft fix this! By the way, where on this forum does one report problems?

BTW what is the black object in the picture?

I originally posted yesterday on the flightsimulator.com forum-my post:

LOWI to EGBB
At this moment few miles from the English Channel. All electrical displays have frozen and no control over tbe AP which is on. Radio is working and hopefully I might be able to do a descent and landing at EGBB. Just waiting to see if the plane changes on the next leg. If not then my flight is surely doomed! Where is ATC when you need them? Post again later at the end of this ordeal.

EDIT: Plane started to steeply rise:

Discovered I had throttle control and primary flight control surfaces. NO secondary controls i.e. Flaps, spoilers. Wheels work. Disco button on AP worked but still showed AP as on. Had no idea of speed and only had ground reference. Made emergency landing at EBKT. Reversers worked and stopped just short of the end of the runway.

Hairy moment!

NOTE: Do not have failures turned on in the sim.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can you confirm that you are on the latest version 1.0.0.1? Did you do anything specific before the displays froze? Are you able to reliably recreate this?

I am not sure but the black object on your picture seems to be a seat in the cabin.

Sounds like poltergeist in the system.  I have heard that a thorough read of manuals gets rid of poltergeist.  Something about knowledge really bothers them.  Just finished up flight 47 with the CRJ on my crappy I7-9700KF, 32 Gb RAM, 2070 Super system.  I have had zero issues except on the first flight when I killed all my passengers out of eagerness to get in the air and forgot to turn on the packs and a/c.  Flew into Fly Tampa KLAS with everything turned up on at least high and manually flew a smooth RNAV to visual approach to rwy 08R.  I can't for the life of me figure out why I am having no problems.  I feel left out.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Alan Coates said:

Something badly wrong with this plane. EGBB TO LOWI

I do think images of the cockpit would help a lot more the wingviews. 

Can I suggest you fly the Tutorial so we are sure all the settings used are correct? You are posting. rather loudly, things that none of the other tens of thousands of users  have reported. When you fly the tutorial are tell us EXACTLY at what moment the text no longer matches what you see on screen we will be able to explain much better what is going wrong. 

Flying this airliner is not that difficult. I've made many flights since it's release with no problems. I certainly have not crashed as I read many have trying to learn it. My own job before I retired was as a programmer and manager of IT networks. Being precise is exactly what I do:

1. the FMS system is pretty straight forward

2. make sure there are no errors before flight

3. keep within the constraints of the flight envelope

4. Any problems notified, can easily be dealt with

only one was the diff/pressure. Quickly solved as I saw that the pilots and passenger cabins were severely cold. Adjusted de-icing and parameters back to normal. In RL I would have noticed this before the warning. I would have been very cold, right?

A screenshot would not have helped. All was frozen all be it the screen showed all was within normal parameters. The one thing I tried to do before the so called poltergeist (read manuals, a bit insulting don't you think, Crabby. Devs love people like you). Anyway the one thing I tried to do before the 'happening' was to amend something in the FMC as I wanted to divert (just for fun, mind) to another airport.

I do have the latest update. No problems arose during the original version, well none that we don't know about.

I am going to re-install and see if that solves the problem.

MAYBE THAT BLACK THING IN THE PICTURE IS A POLTERGEIST AFTER ALL :) 

10 hours ago, Alan Coates said:

Managed to land at EDDM, that is only because of MSFS stupidly allowing the use of alerions, rudder even though the plane is cold dark (or maybe we have hydraulic arms).

Hopefully you get things sorted out but just to clarify, if either one of the engines is running then you have at least one hydraulic system which means all three primary flight control systems are functioning (provided the engine-driven hydraulic shutoff valves are not close which they shouldn't be). With that said though, the Aerosoft CRJ may be modelled to work without hydraulics. I'm not sure.

Okay - deleted and re-installed. Can't do that from the hanger, why not? had to go to the marketplace to freshly re-install. Same version as before installed (0.1.3)

Still a problem, no freeze this time but had to fly from 1st officer seat. Question mark says it all.

Peeps who say it works fine for them, well that's the usual comment that you get on forums that is no help what so ever. MSFS works fine for everything for me except this plane. The stock A320Neo and the excellent FREE mod works perfectly. And Mathijs Kok how does that help that your so-called thousands have no problems. Maybe, they don't report them or maybe they are happy to do the absolute basic flying and not putting the aircraft to the test.

Well we go from 'unflyable' to your reply as 'unacceptable'

As I said, your plane is the only problem

You obviously haven't read my post

Your reply to me that you are then sure it is NOT a problem in the code makes no sense at all. As I pointed out YOUR plane is the ONLY problem I have. Everything else works well on my problem free system.

4 hours ago, Alan Coates said:

Still a problem, no freeze this time but had to fly from 1st officer seat. Question mark says it all.

No problem at all, just :

Also, have you verified what flight model you are using in MSFS?

*If you encounter strange or erratic flight behavior of the CRJ, please make a check that you are using the <MODERN> flight model and not the <LEGACY> one in settings.*

• Aerosoft

I am closing this post.

I am very sorry Alain does not want to accept that when something works for tens of thousands of users but not for him the issues simply can not be in the code.  We gladly support him in anyway possible, but not like this.  Even when the poster ignores even the most basic advice, it is better to close the topic.

If Alain conforms his settings are correct and the explains EXACTLY at what point the tutorial does not match what he sees on screen we will be able to assist him. With pleasure. Honestly. 

Archived