NDB do not display on ND

2 hours ago, Chaxterium said:

Where are you flying? NDBs aren't as common anymore. I believe they've been completely removed from the US.

They are not completely removed, but there are a lot fewer of them than there once were.

7 hours ago, herky20 said:

Selecting NDB to display doesnt appear to work. I cant see any on the ND?

Thanks

I have verified that known NDBs indeed are not displaying (and should). I have posted to our bug tracker. Thanks for the report!

In Australia I've read that Airservices Australia wanted to decommission all but 165 navaids Australia wide that are to be a backup network in case of GNSS failure. So, not a lot and it is only for approaches. Decommissioning started for us in 2016. It was to finish in 2024 but I've heard that has changed but not sure how.

Many may not realize that Australia is comparable to the size of the USA in land area, though we have less than 10 percent of the population.

10 hours ago, Thx1137 said:

In Australia I've read that Airservices Australia wanted to decommission all but 165 navaids Australia wide that are to be a backup network in case of GNSS failure. So, not a lot and it is only for approaches. Decommissioning started for us in 2016. It was to finish in 2024 but I've heard that has changed but not sure how.

Many may not realize that Australia is comparable to the size of the USA in land area, though we have less than 10 percent of the population.

Please login to display this image.

Archived