DC-8 Issues

Freighthlr

This is an edited copy of an earlier post. I believe I posted the original in the wrong location.

I purchased the DC-8 series 3.0v 04/02/2121. Current install FSX SP1 & 2, WIN 10. There were no issues with the installation. However, was unable to activate ext pwr. or GPU. Searched the forum and found a download link that would replace the Ground Interface XMl editor. That resolved those issues.

During a test flight (minimal fuel and no cargo except a ballast pallet) takeoff and climb the exterior scenery was vibrating. Aircraft pitched down even though properly balanced %C/G.  Using trim to correct does not correspond as it should ( I know these do not act in a instantaneous fashion) , although these adjustments will eventually have effect, the aircraft will then react by climbing at an incredible rate. Very hard to stabilize. All of this is hands on flying during climb out. No AP or outside weather programs involved, and issues with my joystick. 

I am aware that creating a model of this aircraft must have been daunting. It is a very complex aircraft in real life, and one can only imagine the hours spent in the coding, builds etc. to simulate this aircraft. For that I salute you for the attempt. However........all that said it does have issues, and hopefully there is a fix for the aforementioned.

BTW, engine startup simulation sounds NOTHING like that of a 50 series. I spent a lot of time in these aircraft, as well as the 60 and 70 series. Maybe the wrong TTS sound pack slipped in!?!

Archived