More flexibility with route names or possible bug

When using the routes from the INDEX menu ROUTE MENU the FMS doesn't load routes whose name isn't exactly 8 characters long. Can easily be tested with the preshipped  PADMUC01 route, that doesnt load when it is renamed to PADMUC.

Is this restriction also present in the real Collins FMS-4200? If so I would still dislike but at least understand the restriction in the sim.

Either way, it would be nice to either see an error message when creating a route whose name isn't exactly 8 characters long or fix the route loading logic to be able to load routes with names such as MUCCGN or IBEX54.

Edit: Weirdly enough this seems to be a file reading issue. If I name my route ABCDEFGH and then in the ABCDEFGH.flp file change the coroute attribute to my desired one like IBEX54 it can be loaded just fine and, if I load it from the INDEX menu it actually shows the route as IBEX54.

Archived