Resolving a discontinuity that occurs immediately before a hold

Hopefully somebody who knows the CRJ can confirm whether I'm doing something wrong or encountering a bug. The issue that I keep having is that I select an approach with a hold/procedure turn but there is a discontinuity between the last waypoint and the start of the approach. I've tried the methods outlined in the documentation for dealing with discontinuities, but they don't work in this case. If I try to clear the discontinuity by deleting it from the legs page, doing so also results in the subsequent hold being removed as well (though the hold fix itself remains, but it is converted to a simple waypoint). That is not what I want, since I want the autopilot to fly the hold entry as a procedure turn. If I try to use the direct page to circumvent the discontinuity, the only waypoints listed are prior to the hold fix. The hold fix is not listed (yes, I've checked forward and backwards on the paging). If I manually enter the hold fix and go direct, it inserts the direct-to before the discontinuity, resulting in the same inability to resume navigation once I reach the fix.

Here is an example from today's flight:

Departure: KMKE via RWY 19R UECKR6.SAMPLE

UECKR6 SAMPL DCT HYK DCT SAV DCT

Arrival: KSAV RNAV (GPS) Z RWY 28

There is a discontinuity between SAV and TELOE (which is the IAF/Holding fix for the RNAV Z RWY 28 approach) that I can't seem to get rid of or work around to go to TELOE and do the parallel entry/procedure turn. I know that non-direct hold entries aren't working at the moment, but I would like to figure out what my issue is in attempting to deal with the discontinuity. I've encountered the same issue with vectors. Thanks in advance for any help.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived