Honeycomb related issues after some weeks of flying

Hello, some things for you to know about the Honeycomb controls:

1. The Honeycomb software installer kills every exe.xml before. A backup will be created - so far as good - and i just found out this strange behavior after my FSUIPC won´t start with the sim anymore. This is very annoying.

2. The AFC bridge module won´t autostart with the sim. It is totally equal which steps are made to solve the issue. For example: The FSUIPC starts with the sim, the AFC bridge does not altough both are entered in the same exe.xml file (and before you give me the answer, i have to check the right path etc. - i have triplecheck alle that things, that you provided to other users with same problem). Just a manual start makes the bridge come to life.

3. The 10th and 1000th steps issue is not solved yet. That is also an annoying thing with the Honeycomb controls. Sure, there are some tips to fix this with bindings per third party software, but it can not be the solution in my opinion.

I expected a compatible product with MSFS and all the steps to do, to make the Honeycomb controls fit for MSFS takes hous of hours to show videos, to read forums etc. And even after these steps the controls functions not as properly as they should. It is definetely not an "easy to use" product.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

The Honeycomb software installer kills every exe.xml before. A backup will be created - so far as good - and i just found out this strange behavior after my FSUIPC won´t start with the sim anymore. This is very annoying.

We are aware of this and have identified an issue with the installer that should be fixed shortly.

The AFC bridge module won´t autostart with the sim. It is totally equal which steps are made to solve the issue. For example: The FSUIPC starts with the sim, the AFC bridge does not altough both are entered in the same exe.xml file (and before you give me the answer, i have to check the right path etc. - i have triplecheck alle that things, that you provided to other users with same problem). Just a manual start makes the bridge come to life.

We still cannot really reproduce why this is happening to some of you...even though the exe.xml is correctly setup, it won't start AFC_Bridge.exe. Have you tried manually changing the order of FSUIPC and AFC_Bridge to see if this changes something? While the next version of the package will add a small change that makes the LEDs immediately come to life on manual start and not only after the first aircraft change was detected, this is only a bandaid. So, we will continue to look into this.

The 10th and 1000th steps issue is not solved yet.

If you refer to what I think you do: to my knowledge, this problem has been there since at least FSX, so we consider this as an improvement that has to happen in the core simulator.  In the official feedback snapshot you can see this issue listed as item #21, so Asobo is aware of it.

Thanks a lot for your warm reply. I will be patient until next update is out.

• AFC-bridge issue: Unfortunately changing the order in the exe.xml makes no difference.
  • 10th/1000th issue - i am using the Bravo in P3D also and it works fine. Indeed I think Asobo is aware of some FSX legacy issues out of former times. LM was cutting some of them during the developing of P3D. I am hopefully Asobo will do the same for MSFS.

• Aerosoft
  • AFC-bridge issue: Unfortunately changing the order in the exe.xml makes no difference.

Thanks for letting me know.

10th/1000th issue - i am using the Bravo in P3D also and it works fine. Indeed I think Asobo is aware of some FSX legacy issues out of former times.

They are working hard on getting all things in order. So..with everything in life...patience is key. 🙂

Archived