New aircraft project....

There's a very nice freeware version on simviation. The vc is not all that great but the plane is overall very nice.

http://www.simviation.com/fsxprops10.htm

Yeah, I fly that very often. I even made a higher res VC-mod for it. But It's not a native FSX model and I would like to see that plane made in Aerosoft standards. :)

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest making the F-35! :o Not only is this the biggest defense project in history, but it's also proven (by the F-16) that military planes are real populair still :P.

And personally I think it's stupid that there hasn't been a good F-35 for FSX yet!

I second the LET 410 one of my favourite skydiving planes (would be great to go alongside your Twin Otters) :-)

Or maybe a Shorts Skyvan? :-)

A third vote for the LET 410!

At the risk of getting groans, a really nice DC3 with textures of the quality that the new Catalina looks like it will have. I know the MAAM DC3 is good, but it's basically a convert from 2004 to make it (mainly) work in FSX. And to go with that, an FSX version of Tempelhof of course...

As well as a vote (above) the the LET can I add my own suggestion?

The Cessna 337 Super Skymaster

Probably one of the most 'unusual' civillian twin props but a very nice machine to fly. Many different varients, the P337G being my personal choice.

I heard somewhere, the Cessna people changed their policy and you now have to pay significant amounts of money to use the name "Cessna" for any product / FS addons.

I heard somewhere, the Cessna people changed their policy and you now have to pay significant amounts of money to use the name "Cessna" for any product / FS addons.

The way Carenado churns out Cessna's then I'd think that information to be incorrect or Carenado are getting a heck of a discount from them! :blink:

The way Carenado churns out Cessna's then I'd think that information to be incorrect or Carenado are getting a heck of a discount from them! :blink:

The information is correct, Flight 1 and Eaglesoft has already acknowledged this. I don´t know how much they ask tho...

The information is correct, Flight 1 and Eaglesoft has already acknowledged this. I don´t know how much they ask tho...

Then I fall to my second comment, they must be getting a heck of a discount! At least 2 models this year and 5 for FSX in total (depending on the time the ruling was brought in). Either the price is nominal (making the C337 viable) or they are making at a loss.

Either way they certainly seem to be making money from them despite the charges!

It is good to see this post is still generating input, and all of them are excellent ideas for future aircraft projects. Seeing Aerosoft has had a stellar response to their F-16, and after that they released the F-5 (Fly the Tiger X), I'd like to suggest another iconic military aircraft, the F-4 Phantom. The F-4 is familiar in a great number of countries in the world and was capable of so many roles. Aerosoft could even offer the aircraft in a base form, and then add other versions as an expansion pack, as there were a great deal of variants worldwide, ranging from avionics, weapons, and engine differences.

Whatever Aerosoft chooses, I am sure the result will be outstanding, as usual. Would it be possible to hear from Aerosoft on any progress in narrowing the field of possible choices?

post-15266-1240691646_thumb.jpg

I don't know if this has been mentioned but it's definately highly underrated yet is an incredibly successful aircraft in its own right and that is the Grumman AA-5 in its various formats, AA-5 Traveler, AA-5A Cheetah, AA-5B Tiger, AG-5B Tiger, the last one being the best of the lot. Made from 1971 until late 2006. One of the finest 4 seater GA aircraft that rivals the Piper Warrior in nearly every department. Unique in it's design was a huge sliding bubble canopy (bit hot in the summer but could be opened for ventilation mid-flight) and had a unique bonded aluminum honeycomb wing and fuselage that eliminated the need for rivets. I actually flew one of these back in 2002 from Shoreham Airport (EGKA) and loved every minute of it.

http://www.check-six.com/images/CG_Aircraf...rican_AA-5B.jpg

And for the chap who was asking about the Cessna 337 Skymaster, might want to check here. I have this plane and it's excellent

http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/C337/

Well, I feel like this is a late reply, but I still hvae to give my thoughts.

Suggestions already made that I really like:

1. Tu-95 - unusual and would love to see it

2. UH-1 Huey - just an iconic aircraft

3. F4U Corsair - beautiful and iconic

4. F-4C/D/J Phantom - again, just beatiful

And some I haven't seen:

1. Blackhawk helicopter series - expanding on the already great Seahawk/Jayhawk

2. B-17 Flying Fortres - God, I'd love to see this

3. F-86 Sabre - just a simple but beautiful fighter.

Well, since there are absolutely none to find for FSX, payware nor freeware:

a motorized glider, or Touring Motor Glider if you will, like the Grob 109?

Grob 109B PH-745 at Airliners.net

It would be so nice to integrate soaring and motorized VFR flight in FSX. It can land on ANY airport including the grass strips we use ourselves and can be used as glider tug for the powerless gliders which are in the game already. All the other stuff mentioned in here before is basically already there one way or the other, all except the TMG's!

Build it and I would buy it :).

Actually I would go with Goulash, the Grumman AA-5 has never been done properly for FS.

Nice tourer, supposed to be a bit tricky at times, CG issues, overload etc. A truly realistic flight model would teach us to pay more attention to those load tables.

rgds

Actually I would go with Goulash, the Grumman AA-5 has never been done properly for FS.

Nice tourer, supposed to be a bit tricky at times, CG issues, overload etc. A truly realistic flight model would teach us to pay more attention to those load tables.

rgds

There is a version by Tim "Piglet" Conrad out there which is quite good. It lacks the bells and whistles of an Aerosoft product but is a good substitute until something better comes along. I agree with koala though, it's a fine aircraft that has never been "done" properly by any of the addon companies. http://www.simviation.com/fsxprops2.htm

@SmokingCookie

For VC10, go here - http://www.vc10.com/

These would be my choices -

Learjet 45 -If it was created to the same detail as the Piper Cheyenne with a great VC and passenger cabin, it would be a winner as a bizjet.

Beech Staggerwing - a classic.

Lake Buccaneer or Republic Seabee - a couple of unusual amphibians.

Aero Commander 500 - one of Bob Hooover's favorites.

Dear Mathijs :)

Once again your product PBY Catalina is one truth miracle :rolleyes:

In your post you want to know the new aircraft project, for me there is a project which you published on your forum, it is the Bell 205 Huey.

I am a big fan of the helicopters and for my part I would like to know if you could publish this Bell 205 Huey whom I find really very beautiful ?

Here we are, for me it is my fantasy : To have one day this Bell 205 Huey in my collection.

Link to this Bell 205 Huey: Bell 205

002.jpg

006.jpg

015.jpg

A great thank's for the quality of your creations :)

Best regards, Skulleader.

...I need to start planning for aircraft projects in the second half of this year and first quarter 2009. Keep in mind that internally we do the less standard aircraft, no airliners, nothing really modern and standard.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=25805

I assume the above recent announcement of the upcoming Airbus project means the development of a non-standard aircraft project is on hold? If not, could we get some idea on which of these submitted suggestions may or may not have been embraced by the Aerosoft staff? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you read the opening post, they were looking for projects up to the start of 2009. We're nearly in the middle of 2009 now. ;)

That said, I'd quite like to see a Dash-7. Classic metal.

Best regards,

Robin.