Duplicate waypoints

I wasn't going to report this because it was easily fixable if you actually check your route. But seeing others are getting multiple legs appended I thought it might or might not be related. Even though this isn't the same thing.

Issue

Duplicate waypoints causes in two scenarios. They were not visible on the CDU when stepping except to notice that it backtracked to the previous waypoint then went forward again.

Steps

My SimBrief plan was: BN Q67 CAPRI UQ493 PROBO V308 MK YSHR ALISN V308 TL

* I imported the SimBrief file (attached) into the FMS from the Pilot Route List. Activated it and EXECed it.

* Go into LEGS and fix the POROB discontinuity. EXECed it.

* The POROB and LAPES legs are now duplicate. Delete the duplicates by EXECing each time. From memory they didn't have a constraint.

* Finish FMS setup based on default weights.

It all looks good. I now start flying and on the way to YBTL see from ATIS runway 19 and not 01 is in use so I:

* Select the primary arrival page.

* Choose the RNAV-19-Z approach.

* Choose the PORO1B arrival. (I've since read that this and the preceding step might be the wrong way around)

* EXECed it.

* Fix the POROB discontinuity.

* There are now two POROB waypoints. I think I deleted the first one. I expect this was duplicate because there were different constraints, but shouldn't it use the one from the last arrival?

Please login to display this image.

* Fix the TSVNI discontinuity.

The flight plan is fine now.

I wrote this up originally because my issue during this flight was handling the (VECT) leg but I've since confirmed how I was supposed to fly that. So that one was definitely a PEBKAC.

YBBNYBTL.flp

Archived