IRS alignment time

SixFootScream

Hi, 

Sorry to bother.

I set IRS align to realistic. Since Airbus and Boeing have a timer it indicates how long it takes.

On the CRJ I have not spotted it. So I am wondering how long does it take to align when set to realistic.

On the position alignment menu, go to page 3 after entering your current GPS position on page 2, and you will see the countdown timer. It seems to range between 5 and 10 minutes, depending on your latitude. (Alignment takes longer the farther north of the equator the airplane is located).

5 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

On the position alignment menu, go to page 3 after entering your current GPS position on page 2, and you will see the countdown timer. It seems to range between 5 and 10 minutes, depending on your latitude. (Alignment takes longer the farther north of the equator the airplane is located).

Thank you. I saw that page but clearly didn't understand it fully. Will take a look on my next flight 

Archived