Can't Set Parking Brake at Conclusion of CRJ Push Back with FS2Crew Push Back Express

dhamilton63

I'm posting this here because IMO the issue is with the CRJ and not FS2Crew's Push Back Express.

Push Back Express works initially with the CRJ without issue until the push back is completed.  When asked to set the parking brake at the conclusion of the pushback, the CRJ will not permit the parking brake to be set.  The only way I've been able to overcome this issue is to manually stop the pushback from the Push Back Express operation panel.  This will terminate the interaction with Push Back Express and free the push back tug from the aircraft.  

This is similar to the observed behavior when trying to release the parking brake with the wheel chocks still in place.

I use PBE and have zero problems setting the parking break at the end of the push back.  Silly question, are you using latest CRJ and PBE update?  Granted I am using a key binding on my HC Alpha to set and release the break, however I just tried it with the mouse and it worked.  Once in a while it will disengage when I engage it but I thing I inadvertently hit the mouse button twice.

Yep!  Latest CRJ and PBE.  PBE forces you to update when a new version is released.  Looks like they just released version 1.9 so I'll be giving that one a try.

By the way, nice profile pic.  Oorah!

Tried again with PBE version 1.9.  Same behavior.  It's exactly as if the wheel chocks were in place.  One point of clarification, my experience is with voice commands active, not just the button controls.  I tried it with the button controls and that did work without an issue.

On 4/4/2021 at 5:33 AM, dhamilton63 said:

Tried again with PBE version 1.9.  Same behavior.  It's exactly as if the wheel chocks were in place.  One point of clarification, my experience is with voice commands active, not just the button controls.  I tried it with the button controls and that did work without an issue.

Same here. I am also using voice commands. I looks like the handle can be pulled a bit but goes back the released position. Set the brake is only possible after terminating the PBE process.

I remember a post on this topic by Hans but can't find it for now.

Edit: 

Here you can find the topic at the FS2Crew forum: MSFS Aerosoft CRJ - remember to remove the Chocks! - FS2CREW: PUSHBACK EXPRESS - The AVSIM Community

Here the post of Bryan York: 

"Hi Moun,

I had a another user report that too.  It's like the parking brake handle is forced down.

So I spoke to Hans the CRJ aircraft programmer, and he said that he's 99 percent sure it was a binding issue between a hardware assignment and the parking brake control assignment in MSFS.

It's a weird one.  I can't reproduce it.

In the next update, we may just use the CRJ's Lvar for the parking handle instead of using the stock MSFS variable to read the handle's position."

Tom

On 4/4/2021 at 8:35 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I am sorry we have no idea how PBE works. It is not something we test our products with at the moment.

Fair enough.  However, your product appears to restrict parking brake operation when the chocks are still in place and when the push back tug is connected to the aircraft.  As @capt_tom stated, we both observe that our interaction with the simulator is attempting to set the parking brake, but, the brake is automatically forced back to the unset position.

1 hour ago, dhamilton63 said:

Fair enough.  However, your product appears to restrict parking brake operation when the chocks are still in place and when the push back tug is connected to the aircraft.  As @capt_tom stated, we both observe that our interaction with the simulator is attempting to set the parking brake, but, the brake is automatically forced back to the unset position.

As mentioned from Bryan York, I did a test with the stock Pushback service and there are no issuses. With the PBE it looks like the tug didn't disconnect from the aircraft when the stop pushback command is said. See my post at the AVSIM forum.

2 hours ago, capt_tom said:

With the PBE it looks like the tug didn't disconnect from the aircraft when the stop pushback command is said.

Is this a horse before the cart kind of deal.  The interaction with PBE is to set the Parking brake before the tug disconnects.  Seems like a logical request.  I tried to find something definitive online, but, all seems to be airline SOP specific.  It also looks like the interaction is different IRL when a tow bar is used vs. a towbarless tug.  

Stock pushback in MSFS is a joke.  The push moves the aircraft whether the brakes are set or not.  Granted it moves the aircraft considerably slower when they are set.  While I want to test this again, the only reason I think the PBE button mode works is because the check is immediate when the attempted brake set occurs.  With voice commands, the parking brake set fails and by time you communicate that the brakes are set, the check performed reveals they are not set.  I'll run this test again later this evening.

As a side thought on this whole topic, aren't we striving for realism in the aircraft.  I'm pretty sure that the CRJ doesn't prevent you from releasing the parking brake when the wheel chocks are still placed around the tires.  Likewise, I don't imagine the CRJ would prevent the parking brake from being set if the Tug is connected to the aircraft.  So, why is Aerosoft adding in this unrealistic safeguard?  Just a thought.

43 minutes ago, dhamilton63 said:

Is this a horse before the cart kind of deal.  The interaction with PBE is to set the Parking brake before the tug disconnects.  Seems like a logical request.  I tried to find something definitive online, but, all seems to be airline SOP specific.  It also looks like the interaction is different IRL when a tow bar is used vs. a towbarless tug.  

Stock pushback in MSFS is a joke.  The push moves the aircraft whether the brakes are set or not.  Granted it moves the aircraft considerably slower when they are set.  While I want to test this again, the only reason I think the PBE button mode works is because the check is immediate when the attempted brake set occurs.  With voice commands, the parking brake set fails and by time you communicate that the brakes are set, the check performed reveals they are not set.  I'll run this test again later this evening.

As a side thought on this whole topic, aren't we striving for realism in the aircraft.  I'm pretty sure that the CRJ doesn't prevent you from releasing the parking brake when the wheel chocks are still placed around the tires.  Likewise, I don't imagine the CRJ would prevent the parking brake from being set if the Tug is connected to the aircraft.  So, why is Aerosoft adding in this unrealistic safeguard?  Just a thought.

Chocks are a physical thing that are placed around the wheels to prevent an Aircraft from moving.... Yes they can be placed even if there is no parking brake set.

Likewise there is no way to stop the parking brake from being set because a tug is attached.....  

3 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

Chocks are a physical thing that are placed around the wheels to prevent an Aircraft from moving....

Seriously!?  You thought I needed that explanation?

6 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

Likewise there is no way to stop the parking brake from being set because a tug is attached.....

Have you worked with Push Back Express?  

1 hour ago, dhamilton63 said:

Seriously!?  You thought I needed that explanation?

Have you worked with Push Back Express?  

based on this comment you made "As a side thought on this whole topic, aren't we striving for realism in the aircraft."

I assumed you were looking for realism.  However you go on to state items that don't make "realistic" sense. 

I don't care to get into a "Keyboard" war with someone that is insistent that the plane developer is responsible to make his other third party applications work properly.  Why you are taking it out and insistent that they are not adhering to realism is the definition of insanity...

Have a good evening.

3 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

I don't care to get into a "Keyboard" war with someone that is insistent that the plane developer is responsible to make his other third party applications work properly.  Why you are taking it out and insistent that they are not adhering to realism is the definition of insanity...

No one is being insistent.  I made an observation based on the CRJ's behavior in conjunction with another 3rd party addon.  I haven't placed any blame.  The behavior in the CRJ is different than the behavior in the A320neo.  Sharing this information is kind of the point of the forum.  

I can confirm this issue with PBE voice control and the inability to set the parking brake after pushback. Not a big deal for me as you can just release the tug in PBE. But I don't experience this with the FBW A320.

On 4/6/2021 at 1:18 AM, LesOReilly said:

Oh and you downvoted after you made stupid comments... Okay so I shall now downvote you...  this is so stupid..  You are a child.

Bit rich coming from you as thats exactly what you have been doing to my comments perhaps take your own advice

On 4/6/2021 at 1:26 AM, dhamilton63 said:

No one is being insistent.  I made an observation based on the CRJ's behavior in conjunction with another 3rd party addon.  I haven't placed any blame.  The behavior in the CRJ is different than the behavior in the A320neo.  Sharing this information is kind of the point of the forum.  

Just ignore him he is a little troll who goes around downvoting comments when you answer him back.  check my profile you will see he has downvoted me constantly for no reason whatsoever just because i answered him back once report him to the admin they will deal with him.

Archived