CRJ pauses in flight not FMS relaled

chrisal

Hi,

On various routes arond the UK I am getting very long pauses -up to several minutes - in flight. If I wait, it usually re-starts. Recently it was approaching Dublin EIDW from EGNM or EGCC and also towards EHAM. This is repeatable.

My pc is a 10700k with a a 1070ti card. I do nor get this with other aircraft. Monitoring the temps all looks fine. The FPS counter says Main Thread limited. (Normally it is the GPU)

I believe I am operating the CRJ correctly as per the tutorial and various videos.

Following advice here in the forums I ran the console window and have copied the message it displayed at the moment of pause.

[BITMAP CONVERTED] 2D BM_BC1_UNORM 1024x1024 2661407612513331641 - repeated a number of times.

Is this a normal message? Do you have any further advice?

Regards

Chris

• Aerosoft

As far as I know this is a normal message.

We have not hah any other customer with pauses of several minutes, very strange. When it happens the next time see if there is another process on our system that blocks things. I have had a similar issue in another game and it turned out to be the AV software that wanted access and the application prevented that. 

Hi Mathijs,

I have stopped all ancillary programs from running including AV. I have monitored services etc. with Task Manager. The same major pauses are there. I've tried it without TrackIR and without AViaServer. No luck there. I have tried the same route (EGCC to EIDW) again and again. I have nothing else in the Community folder. I've turned down graphic settings quite a lot. I worried it was geography specific so today I flew  the same route with the stock A320neo - with no pauses at all. (Mind you, I await your A320 and A330 with great anticipation.)

I'm going to try re-installing the CRJ next. It doesn't make sense from what you say...

Chris

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you using by any chance FSUIPC for MSFS and the autosave feature there? Other than that I don't have any idea what could be causing freezes on your system.

Hi. It's sorted out.

The re-install did the job. A good flight in mucky weather! (Unreal weather)

The only difference I can think of was that originally it was installed to a separate folder that I use for add-ons which is then linked by the Add-ons Linker.

Everything else in there works ok. This time it's in the Community folder. Maybe that's it?

Anyway thanks for your help and advice as always. I can now stop flying the same old route over and over and explore the world of MSFS.

Cheers

Chris

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived