FMS/CDU - Transitions need more than 5 characters

As the title says , transitions need more than just 5 characters. In this case to distinguish between e.g. GIPOL28/RILAX28 and GIPOL34/RILAX34

If you click on any of them, it selects both, so you get e.g. <SEL>RILAX twice, which is wrong as well.

Mike

Please login to display this image.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 4:49 AM, Mikealpha said:

As the title says , transitions need more than just 5 characters. In this case to distinguish between e.g. GIPOL28/RILAX28 and GIPOL34/RILAX34

If you click on any of them, it selects both, so you get e.g. <SEL>RILAX twice, which is wrong as well.

Mike

I assume you are using the Navigraph database? This appears to be an issue with their CRJ database, since using the supplied Aerosoft NavDataPro FMS database does correctly distinguish the different transitions at LSZH ILS 34 as “GIPOL” and “GIP34”, and “RILAX” and “RIL34”, and each can be selected individually.

When I switch to the Navigraph database, I see the same problem illustrated in your screen shot.

Although Aerosoft has no objection to using the Navigraph database as an alternative to the Aerosoft NavDataPro AIRAC, errors like this are something only Navigraph can correct, and should be addressed to them on their own official support forum.

Update: Navigraph has identified the cause of this problem, and will be releasing an updated version of their CRJ database soon which should resolve these issues.

vor 4 Stunden , JRBarrett sagte:

I assume you are using the Navigraph database?

Yup, I do. Thanks for the heads-up., much appreciated. I have seen your thread in the Navigraph forum and will follow it.

Mike

Archived