EFB Payload Incorrect

CRJay

Did a quick search before posting but most topics seem to be about the MSFS W&B and EFB discrepancies. This is something else.

I've been noticing some strange behavior. Payload is not being updated properly. Leading to the EFB either just showing or actually calculating with wrong values:

Checking EFB after loading into the sim, to confirm the default load (note payload, ZFW, CG etc):

Please login to display this image.

And now setting 10 pax (quiet day):

You can see the performance numbers changing but the ZFW makes no sense, payload is not updated and neither is the TOW.

Just for fun, if you load into the sim after setting the numbers in the Weight and Balance screen to 0 payload, and you start adding pax and cargo... The EFB will only count the cargo as payload and the numbers look even more silly:

Despite having 60 pax, Payload is still only the 600kg of cargo. And yes, this is all with "Set Payload in Simulator" pressed at least twice for every update.

1 hour ago, JRBarrett said:

I just tested this. It appears that if you update the pax count with the left/right arrow keys, (<< < > >>) the payload does not change unless you press the ENTER key below the keypad. The payload and total weight does update immediately if the arrow keys are used to increase cargo or fuel weights. This is a bug which I will post immediately. 

The ENTER key is indeed required for any of the input boxes if editing using the keypad, but it should not be required for any of the input boxes if increasing or decreasing weights with the arrow keys.

oh my, exactly the answer I was searching for :) I noticed same exact issue today.

Nice.  I was trying to connect my own observations with payload discrepancies.  Glad to see this confirmed.  I'll try the enter key trick and see if that helps.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...

@JRBarrett 

I have a problem too. It is similar to the topic but I am not sure to open another topic.

My problem is this. I make everything zero from EFB. However, only the fuel is zero in the simulator. Payload does not change at all.

I do everything fully to try it later. But I do not observe stable changes. For example, the front cargo is full but in the simulator, about 1 in 6 looks full. Is this a known issue? Thanks.

31 minutes ago, murat006 said:

@JRBarrett 

I have a problem too. It is similar to the topic but I am not sure to open another topic.

My problem is this. I make everything zero from EFB. However, only the fuel is zero in the simulator. Payload does not change at all.

I do everything fully to try it later. But I do not observe stable changes. For example, the front cargo is full but in the simulator, about 1 in 6 looks full. Is this a known issue? Thanks.

The MSFS default loading menu does not update when changes to to the payload are made in the EFB. It will only update on fuel changes. Once you make a payload change in the EFB, the MSFS default loading menu is no longer an accurate depiction of the aircraft’s actual weight.

If you set passengers and cargo to all zero in the EFB and press “send to simulator” you will see the aircraft visibly “hop up” (as seen through the pilot’s side window) as the weight is removed, so the weight is definitely changing - but the MSFS default loading menu does not show the change.

It is best to not even open the MSFS default loading menu, as just opening it and then closing it (without making any changes) could potentially reset the CRJ CG to an invalid value, which could cause all sorts of performance issues when trying to fly. The CRJ was designed to be loaded only using the EFB.

@JRBarrettYes.  I noticed that the plane was shaking.  But I thought it was fuel.  All I have to do is fill the EFB as before and press enter.  And pressing upload to the simulator.  Is it correct?

2 minutes ago, murat006 said:

@JRBarrettYes.  I noticed that the plane was shaking.  But I thought it was fuel.  All I have to do is fill the EFB as before and press enter.  And pressing upload to the simulator.  Is it correct?

Correct. When changing passenger or cargo weights, press the ENTER key after each modification (same form fuel changes), the press SEND TO SIMULATOR when done.

@JRBarrettThere is another issue that I noticed.  When I press load on the simulator 2 times in a row, the trim setting and balance points change.  Should I press install once or twice in this case?

Twice. The actual loading of the sim happens on the first press, and the new updated CG is displayed on the loading chart on the second press. There is a limitation in the way the sim processes button pushes that requires two presses in this particular menu.

Archived