Hi everyone,

I am a novice when it comes to the CRJ.

I noticed vect on the flight plan in the FMS. When I overfly it the plane won't follow the flight plan any longer and shows 9999NM

So what does VECT do? And why does it cause the plane to no longer the flight plan.

VECT stands for vectors - which indicates that ATC should give you vectors from this point (normally to eventually get to the next point in your plan). Therefore, if you do not do anything, the plane will just continue to fly the last heading. 

You need to either remove the VECT in the FMS, or, you engage heading mode to manually fly towards the next waypoint (and resume NAV with a direct to).

50 minutes ago, HighFlyer51 said:

VECT stands for vectors - which indicates that ATC should give you vectors from this point (normally to eventually get to the next point in your plan). Therefore, if you do not do anything, the plane will just continue to fly the last heading. 

You need to either remove the VECT in the FMS, or, you engage heading mode to manually fly towards the next waypoint (and resume NAV with a direct to).

Ah thank you. Will remove it in the future.

Admins please close the topic.

9 hours ago, HighFlyer51 said:

I'd just written a large post about detailing every step about the very same topic and asked two questions. You answered both of them perfectly. Thanks!

It is a pity I didn't search before I did all that writing, now I just have to delete it 🙂

Archived