Saitek X52 Pro

I have the X52 Pro and have tried to set it up in the CRJ. The throttle moves on the Z axis and has two detents which divides the throttle into three parts/sections. I am able to use the fist detent as a separator for idle and reverse thrusters. After initial setup, and saving, everything works as it should. Quit the sim and comeback in and although the numbers haven't changed I can no longer get a full idle rpm at the first detent - I have to go past the first detent and into the reverse thrusters to get a full idle. I've tried a few times to set this up and the same thing happens. 

• Aerosoft

Hi Segwin,
- How did you assign the the throttle axis in MSFS ?(Screenshot is ok)

- Can I also please have a screenshot of the EFB joystick configuration after you restarted the game ?
- I would also need a screenshot of the sensitivity curve of the Throttle axis in MSFS.

When you calibrated the throttle detents in the EFB, was the raw input value fluctuating or was it stable ? 
Thank you.

Here is the screen shot of the calibration screen and the numbers. Idle is at the first detent and rev max is with the throttle pulled all the way back

Please login to display this image.

Sensativity curves. I haven't touched these as the default works fine with the throttle

I will have to take a shot of after I restart the sim.

No, the numbers never jumped around.

Question. Does the calibration just apply to the CRJ or does it change the numbers in the sim itself. Reason I ask id I flew the 320 NX and it seemed like all the defaults changed for this too.

Hello Segwin

I think you should calibrate the X52 throttle without a reverse axis. I have the same one, and I do not have this issue (I get the other one, as some users : instability of thrust in some circumstances). To activate the reverse, I use a button mapped to the "decrease throttle" function (attention : not the reverse toggle function, it doesn't work). I use the same trick in X-Plane : the difference is that in MSFS, you cannot adjust the amount of reverse by moving the throttle forward. I do not know why "reverse toggle" is not operational in the CRJ...

Cheers,

Daniel.

10 hours ago, Segwin said:

What idle actually is

t

ually is

Do you have Anti Ice on for the Cowls ?  When you turn on the Anti ice for the cowls it will put the idle up to the 31-32... when you turn it off the idle will go back down to 21

12 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

Do you have Anti Ice on for the Cowls ?  When you turn on the Anti ice for the cowls it will put the idle up to the 31-32... when you turn it off the idle will go back down to 21

To tell the truth I'm not sure but will look into it now.

8 hours ago, Segwin said:

To tell the truth I'm not sure but will look into it now.

Now that I look at your screen shot and after I flew it again a few times last night.... I can tell it is on :)  The N2 gets those white/Silver rings when you turn it on...  I think it is to show you where you need to be to ensure that you have enough to protect against ice...  There are other real CRJ pilots around that can explain it I am sure.. But what I know is that if you turn off the Cowl Anti Ice those turn to green rings... and the idle drops...

2 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

Now that I look at your screen shot and after I flew it again a few times last night.... I can tell it is on :)  The N2 gets those white/Silver rings when you turn it on...  I think it is to show you where you need to be to ensure that you have enough to protect against ice...  There are other real CRJ pilots around that can explain it I am sure.. But what I know is that if you turn off the Cowl Anti Ice those turn to green rings... and the idle drops...

Thank you.

Archived