Spawning Cold and Dark (Possible Bug)

JEP795

Hi, 

I normally spawn cold and dark in a parking spot and have that as my default, but yesterday I wanted to test some things and realized that the aircraft will also spawn cold and dark on the runway and it spawns cold and dark mid air too following the latest update.

Prior the update if I spawned on a runway it would be ready to go and if I spawned mid air all systems and engines were up and running. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to apply those settings only if spawning at a parking spot? 

Thanks in advance! 

• JEP795 changed the title to Spawning Cold and Dark (Possible Bug)

All default airplanes in MSFS spawn either cold and dark or fully powered based solely on aircraft position: either on a parking spot or on the runway. The CRJ is not a default aircraft, and contains code specifically to prevent this from happening. It is not a bug.  

If your default state (as set in the EFB) is cold and dark, the aircraft will be cold and dark on loading whether you spawn on a ramp or on a runway threshold. Likewise if your default state is “ready to taxi” then your aircraft will spawn in the ready for taxi state either on the runway or on a parking spot. It has to be done this way. If MSFS is allowed to control the startup state (based on position) the aircraft and systems will not initialize correctly.

Archived