Cold and Dark-N2 not working properly

Zolton

Anytime I start the plane up from Cold and Dark the N2 goes up to 25%. Shouldn't it stay at 0% till I get the plane ready for engine start. I have tried everything and still have the issue. Here is a video of the issue: 

On 4/2/2021 at 9:36 AM, Zolton said:

Anytime I start the plane up from Cold and Dark the N2 goes up to 25%. Shouldn't it stay at 0% till I get the plane ready for engine start. I have tried everything and still have the issue. Here is a video of the issue: 

Another user had this same issue. I believe he was using the Honeycomb yoke. He found that the rotary switch designed to control magnetos (in a prop airplane) was rotated to the “start” position.

I don’t know what controller setup you have, but I suspect that some switch or button is bound to “engine start” and is sending a start signal. Ordinarily in the sim, engine start (using the overhead switches) will not produce N2 indications unless bleed air from the APU is available, but it appears that if an external controller is asserting a “start” command it will cause the N2 reading to go to 25 percent immediately.

3 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

Another user had this same issue. I believe he was using the Honeycomb yoke. He found that the rotary switch designed to control magnetos (in a prop airplane) was rotated to the “start” position.

I don’t know what controller setup you have, but I suspect that some switch or button is bound to “engine start” and is sending a start signal. Ordinarily in the sim, engine start (using the overhead switches) will not produce N2 indications unless bleed air from the APU is available, but it appears that if an external controller is asserting a “start” command it will cause the N2 reading to go to 25 percent immediately.

I can add that the Honeycomb Yoke, in its current state with the default settings from the simulator, I had to unbind that entire switch, because of issues it causes with autopilot on everything else as well... Off, L, R, both, start had to be unbinded completely. I also make sure the rest of the switches are in the off position, because this aircraft does not like direct controller input... 

Thanks! I am using the Airbus TCA Throttle quadrant, and I think my engines were switched to on. I will take a look later today to see if that make a difference at all.

Archived