FSX Steam: Installation of Mega Airport Zurich via Steam not working.

Hello, 

As I said in the topic just before this one in the forum I have now reinstalled FSX after an issue with crashes happening in the Aerosoft Mega Airport Zurich.

But now with the reinstallation of FSX Steam the Aerosoft Mega Airport Zurich I have purchased on Steam doesn't install correctly into FSX Steam Edition.

During the reinstallation I have also deleted (I think) all registries for FSX Boxed Edition which was also installed on my pc. Therefore now folders like the one where the scenery.cfg is located isn't named just "FSX" but "FSX-SE". This could maybe be a reason for the installation of the scenery not working.

Now obviously you can manually activate the Zurich Scenery by adding it to the Scenery Library browsing for its directory: FSX/DLC/433741/Aerosoft/Mega Airport Zurich V2.0 and have it work in the sim like that.

But before I had done the reinstallation of FSX Steam I had no problems installing this scenery and it worked almost perfectly... I also remember that the entry in the scenery.cfg was a different one than the one mentioned above (FSX/DLC/433741/Aerosoft/Mega Airport Zurich V2.0) and also by adding the scenery manually the lights at night e.g. don't work since the installation was faulty...

If someone could provide me with the entry of the properly installed Scenery in the scenery.cfg I could try if it worked that way...

Or any other ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

The current entry in the scenery.cfg:

[Area.121]
Title=Mega Airport Zurich V2.0
Local=DLC\433741\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Zurich V2.0
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=121

• Deputy Sheriffs

For now I can’t help with the entry, as the FSX times are long gone for myself.

Only thing I can say is the install folder item. Sometimes the FSX SE is using FSX or FSX-SE as folder. That has to do with remaining registry items and maybe a former boxed fsx installation.

Then the installer has to know which are the current folders. That’s why some  installers offer to select FSX or FSXSteam to install. That is because of the correct path. So sometimes you have to select FSX even if you install into FSX SE.

vor 8 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

For now I can’t help with the entry, as the FSX times are long gone for myself.

Only thing I can say is the install folder item. Sometimes the FSX SE is using FSX or FSX-SE as folder. That has to do with remaining registry items and maybe a former boxed fsx installation.

Then the installer has to know which are the current folders. That’s why some  installers offer to select FSX or FSXSteam to install. That is because of the correct path. So sometimes you have to select FSX even if you install into FSX SE.

Yes indeed that is a good point. The problem is that I cannot configure anything about the installation because its all done via Steam. There I can only select if I want to have the add-on installed and so it installs/uninstalls everything by itself...

vor 53 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

You can copy the scenery cfg to the other folder, and then look there for the correct entry after addon install.

I have now done a (rather clean) reinstall of Steam itself and installed it into a new folder and now FSX generally and especially the Mega Airport Zurich is working again! Thank You

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived