Aerosoft Airport Friedrichshafen - Problems with Throttle

Andreas Janssen

Yesterday I bought the Airport Friedrichshafen (AS15327) as a DL from aerosoft shop. However, there is a problem with the throttle.

No matter which aircraft I use at this airport, the throttle is not accepted. As hardware I have the Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant (Joystick).

I can take off a flight normally on the runway. Landing flaps, brakes, etc. can be operated via the TCA quadrant. But when I give a boost

on the throttle, the performance only goes up briefly and then falls off again. Even if I try to control the thrust by mouse by moving the

throttle lever, it can be set to full. However, automatically returns to 0(zero).

What I've tested so far:

1. Tried out various aircraft for Friedrichshafen, e.B. Cessna, Pipistrel, etc.
  2. All control movements are displayed in the settings of the MSFS; also for Throttle
  3. all other control commands are accepted when I start in Friedrichshafen
  4. At other airports, e.B. EDER Wasserkuppe, also bought yesterday, the throttle works
  5. All addons, e.g. for lake Bodensee, deactivated

Did anyone had the same problem or reconigze that issue too?

I would be great get to some support oder little help to this problem

Hello Mathijs,

yes, i saw that yesterday evening. so i remove, as your support recommended me in an email, the old version 1.00 and download the 1.01. all actions are done as an adminstrator.

but i have still the same problems. and yes, normally it is unpossible that a scenery change the configuration of an airplane. but still it is. only at friedrichshafen and for all planes the throttle doesn't work.

all other airports are very fine. i assume that the problem is on my pc in a deep layer. i had a free addon for friedrichshafen (still removed for solving problems). but maybe there are "rest" files in the system.

so, i will do a deep dive into the system to find maybe the reason for that.

So next trial faild. However, the error did occur again. I did the following

• The version downloaded from your shop (1.00) on my computer deleted
  • A new download is launched from your shop.
  • Have seen that there is a new version: This time it was version 1.01
  • With the registration editor (regedit) all entries with the text "friedrichshafen" deleted from my computer
  • Reinstalled the new variant 1.01 with adminstrator rights
  • MSFS 2020 restarted (no addons enabled)
  • Same error as always: Throttle commands are not accepted (joystick or mouse)
  • Flight mode changed from MODERN to CLASSIC
  • Error persists
  • Tried other aircraft in EDNY Friedrichshafen; Errors persist; no matter which aircraft
  • At any other airport, throttle acceptance works without any problems
  • also everything is ok, when i use the edny airport originaly from msfs 2020: here the throttle works without any problems

Now I'm at the end of my Latin. I buy quite a lot of sceneries from the aerosoft shop (formerly XP11, now MSFS), but I've never had anything like it before. It is and remains a mystery.

PROBELM SOLVED

Today I found the reason for my problem of the non-functioning throttle by joystick or mouse at Friedrichshafen airport.

After having the same problem again today with my new airport Alta/Norway, which i bought today, I took a closer look at all the settings in MSFS 2020. Then I finally found the solution:

The cause was a setting in MSFS2020 itself. My setting at Options/Assistance/Piloting was 'EASY'. This setting blocks the throttle function. However, if I change this setting to 'MEDIUM' or 'HARD', the throttle function works without any problems. All inputs are accepted by the joystick or mouse. Everything then works as desired.

I do not know why; but I have sent this information to Aerosoft as the supplier.

PROBLEM GELÖST

Heute habe ich den Grund für mein Problem des nicht funktionierenden Gashebels (Throttle) durch Joystick oder Maus am Flughafen Friedrichshafen gefunden.

Nachdem ich heute das gleiche Problem auch wieder mit meinem heute gekauften neuen Flughafen Alta/Norwegen hatte, habe ich mir nochmal alle Einstellungen in MSFS 2020 genauer angeschaut. Dann fand ich endlich die Lösung:

Die Ursache war eine Einstellung in MSFS2020 selber. Meine Einstellung bei Optionen/Unterstützung/Pilotensteuerung war 'EINFACH'. Mit dieser Einstellung wird die Gashebel-Funktion blockiert. Wenn ich diese Einstellung aber in ‚MITTEL‘ oder ‚SCHWER‘ ändere, funktioniert die Gashebel-Funktion ohne Probleme. Alle Eingaben werden vom Joystick oder der Maus angenommen. Es funktioniert dann alles wie gewünscht.

Ich weiß auch nicht, warum das so ist; diese Informationen habe ich aber mal Aerosoft als Lieferanten zukommen lassen.

Please login to display this image.

• Herman locked this topic
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not knowing what aircraft you are flying, make also sure that the  „Flightmodel“ im MFS is set to „Modern“ (at least for CRJ).

Archived