Aerosoft Airport Friedrichshafen poor quality.

Cygnific

Just bought Friedrichshafen and the quality is very poor, low resolution textures probably straight from FSX. I dont understand why not a bit of time was spend updating at the least the airport textures to todays standard.

No interior for the main building, not even a parralax texture to give the impression something is there. Compared to the excellent Bonaire and the free Paderborn this is a dissapointment, even the autogen in the area is of a much higher quality

Please login to display this image.

I am happy that Friedrichshafen is available in MSFS. However, I do agree that it looks like another conversion of the old FSX scenery that was made compatible to P3D and now to MSFS with some updates. Especially the textures as shown above and in my thread in the German part of the forum give some examples (see below).

I would have loved to have some improvement on the already outdated P3D version. But especially when looking at the front of the terminal building it looks like this are the same textures as in 2010 (if I am correct that this was the year when the FSX version has been released). Interior modelling or at least parallax textures would have improve the look of the terminal.

When looking at the textures near the airport (which I assume are default textures) it would be an improvement to use them instead of the low resolution ground image (or are there some issues in default so that it can't be used outside of the aiport)?

Additionally, if I remember correctly, there were some residental buildings modelled in the P3D version near the competence park which are missing and are replaced by MSFS default buildings.

Hope that it is possible, to implement some improvements.

Best regards,

Uli

I also agree that this airport needs a rework (at the bare minimum, at least update the terminal).  I’ve had this scenery for  multiple simulators now, and besides the MSFS grass, I don’t notice much of a difference.

• 2 months later...

I bought the airport during the recent sale event and I have to agree that the quality is far below Aerosoft standards. While it's not a first-party airport, you would still expect decent quality for that price. The textures are really blurry and certain buildings could benefit from a higher polygon count.

Archived