Configuring Fire Handles for NGXu in Honeycomb Alpha

Helijon

Hi Everyone,

I am using my newly acquired Honeycomb A Yoke and B Thrust Levers for the PMDG NGXu in P3Dv4. I have used the profiles supplied on the aerosoft site and all seems to be working excellent. However not all the preferences of the of the profile designer meet my preferences exactly and a few tweaks are needed for my preferences.

I want to use the Honeycomb A Yoke Red Switches "Master ALT & Master BAT to pull my fire handles. I have configured the Avionics BUS1 & 2 as the engine start levers so only made sense for me to have the fire handles close by.

Using the Honeycomb Configurator I have managed to be able to use the red switch to press the unlock button on the fire panel but for the life of me I cant get the fire handles to pull. 

The terminology in the NGXu SDK is confusing me

#define EVT_FIRE_HANDLE_ENGINE_1_TOP               (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 697)

#define EVT_FIRE_HANDLE_ENGINE_1_BOTTOM               (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 6971)

I am not sure what the "TOP" & "BOTTOM", is referring to. Can anyone shed light on this for me?

THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_69632+

unsigned char    FIRE_HandlePos[3];                    // 0: In  1: Blocked  2: Out  3: Turned Left  4: Turned right

Also using the Honeycomb Configurator can anyone explain to me how to make switch 14 on the Honeycomb A Yoke pull the fire handle using the above SDK information.

Thanks for your help

Jon Blackhurst 

Archived