Fresh Installation Issue with Update

CaptHawkeye

I purchased the CRJ on launch day, and flew several flights before the update.  Once the update launched, I updated using the ASUpdater file, but haven't attempted a flight until tonight.  When I attempted a flight tonight, I got CTD when I clicked on the World Map, every single time.  I removed everything but the CRJ from the Community folder to confirm that the CRJ was causing the issue.  It appears to have been related to the AFC Bridge for the Honeycomb, as I got an error (SimConnect failed to call dispatch) every time.

At this point, I thought it would be best to just attempt to reinstall the entire CRJ just to confirm the installation was good.  This is when things went from bad to worse.  Launching the new exe file will not complete the installation process.  I've attached a screenshot of the error message I'm getting when attempting a new installation.

Please login to display this image.

I suspected it was an Administrator rights issue, but as you can see, I am logged in with Administrator rights.  I have also selected "Run this program as an administrator" on the installer.

That was it.  I went into Norton and paused the auto-protect feature and the plane installed.  Now to test the conflict between the plane and AFC Bridge again now that I have a fresh installation.

Archived