Steering Tiller

• Deputy Sheriffs
Just now, Herman said:

Doesn't look like you can. As noted in the linked post below, a tiller isn't an assignable axis in MSFS. Maybe someday.

• Aerosoft

vor 7 Stunden , Herman sagte:

I agree with Hermann.
No separate axis assignable to the tiller.

However, there are two input functions you can use : 
INCREASE STEERING and DECREASE STEERING.

If both assigned to buttons you can steer the nose wheel without moving the rudder.
And if both functions can be assigned to a wheel driving an encoder (as opposed to a potentiometer) you can set up 

a kind of tiller.

Here is a short video with those functions assigned to the encoder-driven trim wheel of the Honeycomb Bravo.
This is for test onlt, of course. (and yes, it is inverted. I noticed it after publishing the video, sorry.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-Ji2wvuaO8

Please login to display this image.

If you happen to have FSUIPC7, you can also assign an axis to the FSUIPC7 SteeringTiller. This is a special blending mode, where FSUIPC will blend the SteeringTiller input into the rudder axis based on you speed.

Basically, if you going slow, you have full control using the steering axis, at faster speed, you need to use the rudders. All this works in the sim by sending rudder commands, so you will see the rudder moving, etc.

For it to work, you need to assign an axis to "Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration" and select SteeringTiller there.

• Aerosoft
vor 2 Minuten, HighFlyer51 sagte:

If you happen to have FSUIPC7, you can also assign an axis to the FSUIPC7 SteeringTiller. This is a special blending mode, where FSUIPC will blend the SteeringTiller input into the rudder axis based on you speed.

Basically, if you going slow, you have full control using the steering axis, at faster speed, you need to use the rudders. All this works in the sim by sending rudder commands, so you will see the rudder moving, etc.

For it to work, you need to assign an axis to "Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration" and select SteeringTiller there.

Nice !

3 hours ago, SimWare said:

Les, what L-Var do you use ? 

LVAR:ASCRJ_LSP_NW_STEER_TILLER

That I connected my Axis too and nothing... Well I should say that the LVAR data monitor shows that the AXIS data is writing into it but Nothing as in turning of the plane occurs and thus I use rudders,,

LVAR:ASCRJ_LSP_NW_STEER

That I connected a switch to and it is able to enable and disable the NSW Steering switch :)

Archived