Aircraft ZFW increasing during flight.

UptownJones7

Hello,

I've happened to notice after setting my zero fuel weight and fuel before the flight that ZFW always increases during the flight to above the maximum ZFW. I'm not sure if I've made a mistake or there is some other explanation.

Sounds like you might pick up some ice. I believe this is the way how MSFS simulates the effects of icing.

On 4/1/2021 at 10:39 AM, Emi said:

Sounds like you might pick up some ice. I believe this is the way how MSFS simulates the effects of icing.

So I've conducted another flight and on departure I kept wing and cowl anti-ice and MZFW was still exceeded by the time I climbed above the clouds. I also have the icing effect in the sim set to "visual only".

58 minutes ago, UptownJones7 said:

So I've conducted another flight and on departure I kept wing and cowl anti-ice and MZFW was still exceeded by the time I climbed above the clouds. I also have the icing effect in the sim set to "visual only".

The wings and engines are not the only parts that can ice up, the fuselage and tailplane can ice up as well, despite all wing and engine anti ice being turned on.

The visual only setting is currently bugged, it still increases your weight.

4 hours ago, Emi said:

The wings and engines are not the only parts that can ice up, the fuselage and tailplane can ice up as well, despite all wing and engine anti ice being turned on.

The visual only setting is currently bugged, it still increases your weight.

Ok good to know! Appreciate the education on the topic, now I know not to worry about it.

• Aerosoft

But there is no other mechanism in the sim that can increase your weight. And as said it is not very reliable at this moment.

Of course, easy to check, do the same with tropical weather and see if it happens in those conditions as well.

Archived