NAV struggling following DME Arc

I have tried to do the ILS05 DME arc approach (via the INBAS transition which is the ARC) into Inverness twice today but the CRJ has struggled following the arc smoothly on both occasions. It doesn't fly directly to each waypoint on the ARC and instead aims to the left and right of the waypoints  and then completly misses the IAF. It doesn't fly a smooth arc....

• Upvote 1

Have you a screenshot of the Nav Display?

How fast was the CRJ at the first waypoint of the DME ARC?

The P3D version of the CRJ can fly DME Arc well but only if the speed is in a range of 200-220kias at the first waypoint of the ARC. 

May be the MSFS version has the same behaviour.

There is a bug, discovered after release, where DME arcs are not being displayed or flown correctly. This was working very well indeed in earlier test versions, but something accidently disabled it. I believe the problem has already been fixed, and will be in the next update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I'll give the Düsseldorf to Basel tutorial flight a new try, last time, it did not work, but that was one update ago.

Also, except for some joystick-mapping nitpicking on my part, it would be great if you could look into the issues described here, I would guess it would be easy to fix/implement: 

Note: That pilots forgets to set correct trim or flap settings happens, so there is a good reason why these alerts are there in the real plane. A simulator pilot flying alone is probably more likely to make such mistakes.