Cannot disengage autopilot with the AP ENG button

Hi! In the AOM, it is mentioned that there are a few different ways AP can be turned off:

The autopilot can also be disengaged by any of the following controls.

1. Push AP/SP DISC switch on control when – this equals the autopilot disengage button / key assignment within FS.
  2. Push the AP ENG switch on the flight control panel.
  3. Lower the AP DISC switch-bar on the right flight control panel
  4. Operating the stabilizer trim
  5. Pressing the TOGA switch on the thrust levers
  6. Disengaging yaw damper by pressing the DISC pushbutton on the yaw damper panel

I have tried all of those, and they work, except #2 - pushing the AP ENG button does not disconnect the AP. According to the manual the button is supposed to work like a toggle (similar to other aircrafts), push once to enable, push again to disable. However, in the sim, the only function of the AP ENG button seems to be engaging the AP. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

• 9 months later...

It seems that the function is reversed. I have 2 switches on my gear, one for autopilot on and one for autopilot off. It works on all planes except the Twin Otter, it is reversed. Switch off turns it on and vice versa.

Archived