CRJ Update 1.0.0.1 Stuttering issues after landing

Jan Gonzales

I have to thank you @TenPatrol for your advice!
I did the same flight where i had the issue two days ago but did exactly what you described and re-installed the CRJ. I only installed the 2 3rd Party Airports that i needed for this flight, later i tested the return flight with my usual 3rd Party software (vPilot for VATSIM and the NAVIGRAPH connect tool). The frequent stops after landing are almost completely gone! Thank you so much.

BUT: there is something going on still, but its very minor. Before that there were a complet halt of the whole system (even in the sim-menu as described by the OP also). But now these "stutters" are very minor.
I am running 30FPS locked and have RTSS overlay to monitor my system, including the frametime which is shown as a straight line when the FPS are locked via Vsync to 30FPS. So in this graph i can still see a frequent increase in the frametimme (not framerate, the framerate stays at 30FPS). But now these "stutters" are about 10ms, it jumps from 33.3ms to about 40-50ms when the "stutter" occurs. Before it was a complete halt and frametime raised to 200ms when the halt happened.

I understand this is really, really minor and it disappeared after a bit completely. So if i wouldnt have the graph showing i would barely notice it.
For everyone that is not locking the frames, he will probably not notice it at all because the frametime is fluctuating then anyway.

So, i would say its (kind of) solved, but there is something going on. Im not able to understand what exactly is causing it, i also discovered that frequent increases in frametimes happens when you open the MSFS ATC-Window, as more options are showed in the ATC-Window, the more stutters occur and they are frequent. For example the "show nearest airports" while flying shows this extremly well as the list of the airports is changing all the time.

So i disabled ATC-Window completely via the ingame menu-bar for the next flight. But after landing these frequent "stutters" where still showing in the frametime-graph, but are very very minor.

Something is going on as soon as you leave the runway after landing, but its really hard to locate it, and for now, as we are talking about 10ms, i will considered it as "fixed" cause now i can really enjoy the CRJ to its fullest, the complete system-halts are gone.

So thanks again for the help, thanks @Mathijs Kok for jumping in and adding your points, which i completely understand from a developers POV.
However, if you guys are going for the next update, i would appreciate if you could try to reproduce it and, IF its related to something in the CRJ systems, maybe can eliminate it completely if possible anyway. :)

How to reproduce:
Lock the frames to 30FPS and enable a frametime-graph via RTSS (Riva Tuner Statistics Server or similar monitoring software)
Watch the frametime-graph after leaving the runway after landing, you can see frequent (but very minor) increases in frametimes.

EDIT: Just to be clear: im not saying its a CRJ issue right now, it could be something in the simulator as well, but im not able to find out what exactly it is.
I can only say that i only notice it when using the CRJ, so its atleast related in some way.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vor 20 Minuten, TenPatrol sagte:

You're welcome @Sandro Vitalini 

Fly again without 3rd party airports and vatsim software.

Thanks but no, i wont do that. I dont see a value in flying to non 3rd party airports, even if this would be the fix (which i doubt) i would not enjoy it. I get your point but i cant spend hours and hours to test all this stuff. I will never fly to default airports and i basically only fly on VATSIM, so, even if this would be the fix, i would not do this anyway. So id rather live with the now almost fixed issue, thanks to your help. :)
But im really glad for the help, dont get me wrong. :)

17 hours ago, Sandro Vitalini said:

Thanks but no, i wont do that.

For testing purpose try CRJ without anything else in the community folder and without vatsim software, FSUIPC, littlenavmap etc.

edit

delete navigraph AIRAC if installed.

@Jan GonzalesSpad.Next is a 3rd party software to configure/calibrate your hardware, for example the Saitek Panels etc. We figured out that there was an issue with the LVAR bridge by Spad.Next that is needed to read out the commands from the CRJ to get it work correctly with the Saitek panels. The developer fixed the bug yesterday and in my first testflights i did not have the stutters anymore. So, if you dont use said software, you dont have to worry.

However, the stutters that i mentioned here AFTER landing seem to be fixed by correct uninstallation and reinstallation of the CRJ (see the post of @TenPatrol). The Stutters with the Spad.Next software were a different issue. I had these stutters every exact 30seconds, ALWAYS, not only after landing. However, for me all these stutter problems seems to be fixed now. :)

13 hours ago, Sandro Vitalini said:

@Jan GonzalesSpad.Next is a 3rd party software to configure/calibrate your hardware, for example the Saitek Panels etc. We figured out that there was an issue with the LVAR bridge by Spad.Next that is needed to read out the commands from the CRJ to get it work correctly with the Saitek panels. The developer fixed the bug yesterday and in my first testflights i did not have the stutters anymore. So, if you dont use said software, you dont have to worry.

However, the stutters that i mentioned here AFTER landing seem to be fixed by correct uninstallation and reinstallation of the CRJ (see the post of @TenPatrol). The Stutters with the Spad.Next software were a different issue. I had these stutters every exact 30seconds, ALWAYS, not only after landing. However, for me all these stutter problems seems to be fixed now. :)

I dont have it but am planning to use the honeycomb bravo with axis and ohs its arriving in a few days. Is that using some of this spad.nxt and lvars? 

Check that Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling is turned ON in Windows.

Early on in MSFS, many recommended turning this off for the exact reasons that are laid out in this thread.

Nvidia's latest drivers (maybe a few versions before, didnt pay attention) explicitly say this should be turned ON for best performance, especially if you have a later gen card

Just fyi

I am running a 9700 KF with a 2070 Super GPU.  I have 32 GB of ram.

MSFS is set to high on almost all settings and ultimate on the rest.

I run my sim at my native monitor resolution 3840x2160

I run in full screen mode

I have never seen these issues from day one

My system is not overclocked in any way.

I run 40 to 60 fps smooth depending on the weather and how many clouds there are or aren't, however I only check the fps when I am going to post something like this.

I only care about smooth.

vor 8 Stunden , Crabby sagte:

Just fyi

I am running a 9700 KF with a 2070 Super GPU.  I have 32 GB of ram.

MSFS is set to high on almost all settings and ultimate on the rest.

I run my sim at my native monitor resolution 3840x2160

I run in full screen mode

I have never seen these issues from day one

My system is not overclocked in any way.

I run 40 to 60 fps smooth depending on the weather and how many clouds there are or aren't, however I only check the fps when I am going to post something like this.

I only care about smooth.

Same for me, thats why this thread exists, we had an issue and its being fixed (for me atleast). The usual "i have never seen these issues" posts dont help in a thread like this.
HAGS was not the issue, i tried both, on and off.

vor 10 Stunden , Jan Gonzales sagte:

I dont have it but am planning to use the honeycomb bravo with axis and ohs its arriving in a few days. Is that using some of this spad.nxt and lvars? 

If you use Axis and ohs it has nothing to do with Spad.Next. Its a complete different software, so you dont have to worry. And as said, the  Spad.Next issue is fixed already by the developer and is another problem than what we were initially discussing, so we are getting a bit OT here. :)

Update on my system. I dont have the stuttering now. I hope it stay this way :). Recently, I have seen a lot of ppl post thats very similar to my issue with them using another aircraft. They are experiencing this with the recent update and suggesting to turn off multiplayer. Now for mine, i have noticed I was able to resolve the stuttering when i powered off my router.  I started it on again and there it was. So m thinking, is this really a data problem?

Now I cleared my rolling cache, increased it to 50gb and now its stutter free.  I am unsure what fixed it at this point actually but I am really happy. :)

1 hour ago, Jan Gonzales said:

(...) They are experiencing this with the recent update and suggesting to turn off multiplayer.

Yep, new bug.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/mutli-player-stuttering-after-world-update-bug-report/391922/137

btw.

nr 8

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/162230-crj-update-1001-stuttering-issues-after-landing/&do=findComment&comment=1036352

9 hours ago, Sandro Vitalini said:

Same for me, thats why this thread exists, we had an issue and its being fixed (for me atleast). The usual "i have never seen these issues" posts dont help in a thread like this.
HAGS was not the issue, i tried both, on and off.

Yes "I don't have these problems" do help.  If we identify the difference in our installs and our hardware is the same, then that will help isolate the problem.  I can say that I have seen MOST of these issues isolated to either an addon airport or addon livery.  However you don't want to or care about testing this according to your post above.  Many scenerys are still being produced with the library being named wrong.  So just downvote my post and enjoy the stutters.

vor 35 Minuten, Crabby sagte:

Yes "I don't have these problems" do help.  If we identify the difference in our installs and our hardware is the same, then that will help isolate the problem.  I can say that I have seen MOST of these issues isolated to either an addon airport or addon livery.  However you don't want to or care about testing this according to your post above.  Many scenerys are still being produced with the library being named wrong.  So just downvote my post and enjoy the stutters.

its already fixed, idk what you are on about...

• 2 weeks later...

Just reporting back, i still have this stutters. This time they started just before the threshold when landing. Every damn 30secs a short freeze. Its just annoying.
I am very good at troubleshooting and finding possible reasons for all variety of problems, i just cant find any reason for this one.
It doesnt matter the airport, it doesnt matter if i have 3rd party apps like vPilot and Spad.Next running. Sometimes they happen, sometimes not.
Any help would be appreciated and if you Aerosoft-Guys have a direct line to ASOBO, i beg you from my heart to talk to them and see if you guys can find something, even if its not CRJ related.

This stutters ONLY happen on landing, never randomly or something. I can fly the CRJ for 2.5hrs absolutely smooth, till im landing....
Also the FPS doesnt drop, so its not performance related, its just this annoying single stutter every 30secs.

On 5/3/2021 at 4:25 AM, Sandro Vitalini said:

Just reporting back, i still have this stutters. This time they started just before the threshold when landing. Every damn 30secs a short freeze. Its just annoying.
I am very good at troubleshooting and finding possible reasons for all variety of problems, i just cant find any reason for this one.
It doesnt matter the airport, it doesnt matter if i have 3rd party apps like vPilot and Spad.Next running. Sometimes they happen, sometimes not.
Any help would be appreciated and if you Aerosoft-Guys have a direct line to ASOBO, i beg you from my heart to talk to them and see if you guys can find something, even if its not CRJ related.

This stutters ONLY happen on landing, never randomly or something. I can fly the CRJ for 2.5hrs absolutely smooth, till im landing....
Also the FPS doesnt drop, so its not performance related, its just this annoying single stutter every 30secs.

Sorry to hear its still there.  Mine is solved with the change server or disable multiplayer in world page solution but what I can't explain is why CRJ V1 does not have this issue on my system.

On 5/4/2021 at 5:47 AM, Jan Gonzales said:

Mine is solved with the change server or disable multiplayer in world page

Hot news.

A patch (1.15.10.0) addressing the multiplayer stuttering issue will soon be available for Microsoft Flight Simulator in the Microsoft Store and on Steam. Full patch notes can be found here:
- Framerate stuttering when custom liveries are being used in multiplayer has been fixed
- Update to live weather system to improve accuracy globally
You will only have to download the new .exe (from Steam or Microsoft Store), and no package to download!

Source MSFS discord. 

Archived