Axis and Oh's Templates for Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 - with cockpit animations and improved throttle binding

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, Barthanol said:

feel free to delete found answer after posting.

Hi, 

What do you mean precisely ?

Thank you.

Hello,

Apologies for the confusion. I meant as newly registered I am unable to delete that post or send pm's etc., so soon after I posted my original question, I found the answer here on another page. I could not delete my post only edit it to state " feel free to delete, found answer after posting". You could delete both posts now to keep things tidy, thanks.

Thanks so much to everyone for the wealth of information provided in this forum topic, it has been very helpful & much appreciated. 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Barthanol said:

Hello,

Apologies for the confusion. I meant as newly registered I am unable to delete that post or send pm's etc., so soon after I posted my original question, I found the answer here on another page. I could not delete my post only edit it to state " feel free to delete, found answer after posting". You could delete both posts now to keep things tidy, thanks.

Thanks so much to everyone for the wealth of information provided in this forum topic, it has been very helpful & much appreciated. 

No problem at all.

Glad you found the answer to your question.

Happy flyings.

• 4 weeks later...

OK I have been away from this for a while and now I need to make a trim knob work.

I have the encoder setup and it works from the sim mapping but I wan to incorporate it into the A&O template.

Problem Iam having is that the LVAR does not seem to work when I script it.  I am using the ELEVTRIM Lvar but it just makes the elevator shake and not move.

Any assistance on making the stab trim actually function?

This is what I have at this moment which does not work.

-1·(>L:ASCRJ_ELEVTRIM,·number)-1·(>L:ASCRJ_ELEVTRIM,·Number)

10 hours ago, paladin569 said:

OK I have been away from this for a while and now I need to make a trim knob work.

I have the encoder setup and it works from the sim mapping but I wan to incorporate it into the A&O template.

Problem Iam having is that the LVAR does not seem to work when I script it.  I am using the ELEVTRIM Lvar but it just makes the elevator shake and not move.

Any assistance on making the stab trim actually function?

This is what I have at this moment which does not work.

-1·(>L:ASCRJ_ELEVTRIM,·number)-1·(>L:ASCRJ_ELEVTRIM,·Number)

I am pretty sure that the normal K:Events for Trim actually work with the CRJ and the LVAR is just for the position of the switch...

• Aerosoft
8 hours ago, paladin569 said:

Yeah you are right.  I am over thinking it

Hi Paladin,

You can also use the standard MSFS assignments
image.png

Best regards.

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

Those are K Events...

Indeed, what I mean is that you can either address them from within AAO or directly from the sim.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I've built a new PC and now my lorby isn't working with the CRJ... I have the profiles downloaded and the application is reading all of my inputs on the alpha and bravo, but it is not sending information to the sim... I feel like im missing something, any suggestions?

• Aerosoft

Can you post a screenshot of the main screen ?
The one that appears after launching AAO when the plane is fully loaded in MSFS ?

Thank you.

On 7/21/2022 at 3:57 PM, Caleb Oxford said:

So, i've noticed that 'CRJ" is now missing from simulator events... Could this by why LAAO isn't sending data to the sim?

Please login to display this image.

There is probably a Module / LVAR Bridge of some sort that you also need to install ...  your issue by the way is with AAO not the CRJ... really you should be contact Lorby

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, LesOReilly said:

There is probably a Module / LVAR Bridge of some sort that you also need to install ...  your issue by the way is with AAO not the CRJ... really you should be contact Lorby

Agree with Les.
Also, the first basic step is to check if AAO connects with the plane at the first place.

This can be seen on the top of the main AAO screen at startup, when the aircraft is fully loaded in the simulator.

Best regards. 

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

I noticed at the last update for AAO that my CRJ self-made scripts were missing from the active section. They were still in the appropriate section of the scripts editor, just not active any more. Some I simply needed to re-activate, others had to be re-created. Since then, everything comes up as expected. So perhaps the recent AAO update might be at the root of this. And as with SimWare, I believe Les is right about where to go for further troubleshooting, reporting what you learn about SimWare's comment about AAO even connecting.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Herman said:

I noticed at the last update for AAO that my CRJ self-made scripts were missing from the active section.

Thanks Herman.

I must admit, I never updated AAO although it was offered at startup.

Philosophy was : "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

However for support purposes, and at the light of what you

say above, I will make the update.

Not making update is a legitimate end user philosophy, not a support agent one.

I learned something ! 🙂 Never too late...

• Like 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

In general, my approach is the same as yours, as in, "If it ain't broken..." I was hoping the update would offer a solution to three position switches (as in the Milviz Cessna 310), so took a chance. Anyway, AAO is once again fully functional, and reprogramming it was a useful reminder exercise.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Herman said:

update would offer a solution to three position switches (as in the Milviz Cessna 310)

Hi Herman,

I don't specifically know the Cessna switch question,

but having a look to the tool used in this post can maybe offer some ideas ?

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

Excellent! Likely just what I needed. This is my project for a sunny Sunday afternoon here in the Pacific Northwest. Thanks so much.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Herman said:

Excellent! Likely just what I needed. This is my project for a sunny Sunday afternoon here in the Pacific Northwest. Thanks so much.

You are welcome.

Enjoy the sunny Sunday... 🙂

I go and bind the one function of such buttons with "Press" and "Release" i.e. via AxisAndOhs.

Much easier and no other tools needed.

For three-pos-switches i use the "long press" function of AAO: One position (middle to up) is toggled via short press and the other (middle to down) via long press. This works very well.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Hello there. It's my first time here. Excellent post. The written has served a lot. But someone will have some Axis and Oh's template for the Saitek radio panel (I have 2 and I am still looking for how to make them work very well with the CRJ).  Thanks so much.

• Thanks 1