Axis and Oh's Templates for Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 - with cockpit animations and improved throttle binding

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, paladin569 said:

ok I am having an issue now with a rotary encoder on a Leo Bodnar board.

I am using the encoder to control the ALT selection.  

Using the LVAR L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE  I can make the altitude increase but how do I then make it decrease when rotated the other way.

I am very new to this and just happy I made it increase...

3 minutes ago, Aplato said:

@SimWare I greatly appreciate the effort you made in typing up that response, but I don't actually have a problem with this to solve -- I think there has been a miscommunication here. When I wrote "I use the ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL_INC and ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL_DEC events", that was in response to another user who wasn't sure how to make the altitude decrease so I just said how I accomplished it using SPAD.neXt. :)

Sorry Aplato,
My last message was for Paladin569...
I mixed up two posts... :)

@Paladin569 : See my previous post with the video.
                         It was intended to you.
                         Maybe it can help.

Best regards.

4 hours ago, SimWare said:

Hi Aplato,

Here is perhaps a solution for your application.
I use the BBI-32 from Leobodnar, but the BU-836 will also do the job.

Here are the code of the RPN scripts : 

INCREMENT : 
(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·10·+·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)·++·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)

DECREMENT : 
(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·10·-·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)·--·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)
Please see the video hereunder.

you were likely aiming that to me.  I appreciate the response however I do not see (L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number) anywhere in the vars through AAO.

I do have the the (L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number) VAR which I was able to manipulate using 1 and -1 respectively for increase and decrease which worked.

I am not sure why I do not see the ALT_SEL variable.

• Aerosoft
12 minutes ago, paladin569 said:

you were likely aiming that to me.  I appreciate the response however I do not see (L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number) anywhere in the vars through AAO.

I do have the the (L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number) VAR which I was able to manipulate using 1 and -1 respectively for increase and decrease which worked.

I am not sure why I do not see the ALT_SEL variable.

Hi Paladin,

Make sure the plane is loaded in MSFS, then have AAO read the Lvar's from the simulator.
See the screenshot below.
(My sim is currently updating to SU7, so I am not connected)

Please login to display this image.

Best regards.

Hello everyone. Since SU7 the template is not working as intended. Is there a change into the LVARS or a manual update to perform in order to work as before ?

FCP bravo throttle buttons are not working anymore. Moreover, the rot button only move with a 1 increment while before the more you were turning the button the greater the increment.

Any updates coming or we have to figure somehow ?

Thanks in advance :)

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Mehdi Goucha said:

Hello everyone. Since SU7 the template is not working as intended. Is there a change into the LVARS or a manual update to perform in order to work as before ?

FCP bravo throttle buttons are not working anymore. Moreover, the rot button only move with a 1 increment while before the more you were turning the button the greater the increment.

Any updates coming or we have to figure somehow ?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Mehdi,

I noticed that too.

The lights functions are working, but the FCP rostaries aren't. 

I am checking and will post when possible.

Best regards. 

On 11/18/2021 at 3:18 PM, SimWare said:

Hi Paladin,

Make sure the plane is loaded in MSFS, then have AAO read the Lvar's from the simulator.
See the screenshot below.
(My sim is currently updating to SU7, so I am not connected)

Best regards.

yeah I did that and looked under the Local sim variables but couldn't find that specific VAR.  However since the sim update it is there or perhaps I was just blind.  who knows?

Thanks for all the help.

Is there a tutorial anywhere for AAO?  for some reason, even though I save the template and assign it to the aircraft, I keep losing functions and have to reload them

ok so I want to setup a switch that will lift the cutoff lever and close the throttle.  I found the LVAR for the TQ Cutoff which works but only lifts the lock and does not move the throttle to cutoff.

I am using the Logitech throttle Quadrant (X2) and have the axis setup and use the virtual switch to activate reverse so the throttle travel is out of the question for this function unless I have to rework the whole thing.

SO I have a Leo Bodnar board running a bunch of switches two of which I would like to task with this function.  Currently this board is runnin all of the exterior lights, the parking brake, the DCP functions and now I want to add this.

Any ideas on if its possible to achieve?

• Aerosoft
On 11/22/2021 at 10:57 PM, paladin569 said:

ok so I want to setup a switch that will lift the cutoff lever and close the throttle.  I found the LVAR for the TQ Cutoff which works but only lifts the lock and does not move the throttle to cutoff.

I am using the Logitech throttle Quadrant (X2) and have the axis setup and use the virtual switch to activate reverse so the throttle travel is out of the question for this function unless I have to rework the whole thing.

SO I have a Leo Bodnar board running a bunch of switches two of which I would like to task with this function.  Currently this board is runnin all of the exterior lights, the parking brake, the DCP functions and now I want to add this.

Any ideas on if its possible to achieve?

Hi Paladin,

You need to use the L:ASCRJ_TQ_THROTTLE_x_POS variable and set it to 500 to shut the engine off.

Set it to 400 to put the lever back to IDLE.

So the RPN code to shut off the engine 1 is (pulling the red tab AND putting the lever in the SHUTOFF position 

1·(>L:ASCRJ_TQ_CUTOFF_1,·Number)·1(>L:ASCRJ_TQ_CUTOFF_1_ANIM,·Number)·500·(>L:ASCRJ_TQ_THROTTLE_1_POS,·Number)

-> I thank BenBaron for his help on this  !

Best regards.

Worked like a charm.  Thank you so much.

So now this prototype is pretty much fully functional.

I am hoping to take delivery of some actual panels from a CRJ being scrapped and modify them to work in the sim.  should be fun.

• Thanks 1

@FltsimFlyboy Thanks for the awesome template. Finally bit the bullet and bought AAO. Everything works fine, just have one problem with the inc and dec for heading. Each single notch of movement on the hardware moves it 12 degrees in the sim. Is there any way to make this lower? I tried searching through the forum but couldnt find anything. 

1 hour ago, Brand0n said:

@FltsimFlyboy Thanks for the awesome template. Finally bit the bullet and bought AAO. Everything works fine, just have one problem with the inc and dec for heading. Each single notch of movement on the hardware moves it 12 degrees in the sim. Is there any way to make this lower? I tried searching through the forum but couldnt find anything. 

I am almost certain you have another controller profile causing this.  Make sure you set up new and BLANK profiles for EVERY controller you have.  Mouse, keyboard, Alpha, Bravo, pedals etc.  ALL of them.

Mine are all blank except for view commands on my alpha hat switch.  Also, make sure that you did not activate the "quick turn" feature, unless you want it and know where it is assigned.  Mine is assigned to the ALT on the Alpha.  I cannot remember if that was default or not.  

• Aerosoft
13 hours ago, Brand0n said:

Hi BandOn,

I agree with Crabby regarding the need of clean profile.
Please see this post : 

Also, regarding the 12 degrees increment, please try this : 
Try the AAO function from the test button inside the RPN script dialog box. 
If it the RPN script works, unpulg any controller except the one used for the heading and check if the issue happens again.
If yes, try to bind another rotary.
If still yes, just bind 2 buttons, one for INC the orther one for DEC, so that you are sure
to rule out any encoder management issue.
If still yes, use the mouse to operate the button and check is the behaior is the same.

Best regards.

@Crabby and @SimWare Finally was able to test your suggestions and you both were 100% correct about it being a profile problem, but it was a profile I had set in the Honeycomb Configurator for use with the FF767 in X-plane. I have since created a new blank profile in the configurator for use with the crj and everything now works with none of the issues I had before. Thanks so much!

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, Brand0n said:

@Crabby and @SimWare Finally was able to test your suggestions and you both were 100% correct about it being a profile problem, but it was a profile I had set in the Honeycomb Configurator for use with the FF767 in X-plane. I have since created a new blank profile in the configurator for use with the crj and everything now works with none of the issues I had before. Thanks so much!

Glad it works.

Have fun flights.

1 hour ago, Brand0n said:

That is just weird.  I have ZIBO/727/Dash8 and 757 profiles in the configurator.  I have never noticed any cross-sim issues.  The biggest issue I have with the configurator is remembering to switch profiles there before I fly XPlane.  Holy crap, if we have to start watching how what we do in XPlane effects MSFS, we might reach a whole new level of crazy.  I will keep an eye on this. 

Ok I am still struggling with the scripting part of A&O.

I would like to individually control Landing lights LEFT - NOSE - RIGHT.  However there is not ON / Off Var for it like there is for the taxi lights.

All I have is ASCRJ_OVHD_LDG_LEFT: 1(>L:)  and the same for the others.

so this is what I end up with 

LEFT turns on all landing lights.  and turns all of them off if any are on

NOSE turns on the NOSE landing light but does not turn it off

RIGHT does nothing

Question here is 1)  are the individual lights even modelled on the aircraft?  and 2) what am I doing?????

Tried the AAO templates today for the first time.
I noticed the elevator / stab Trim does not work on my alpha. Also the light switches are reversed. Have to put them in the off position to have the lights on. 

@Flieger1974 Make sure you are clicking both the trim buttons together. Also, I've noticed before that sometimes, you might need to click once and then click and hold for it to repeat.

The light switches are programmed in the way they are physically in the cockpit - up is off and down is on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1