Axis and Oh's Templates for Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 - with cockpit animations and improved throttle binding

16 hours ago, Jan Gonzales said:

Hi Guys.  Is there any existing variable to assign some of my Bravo buttons for the THRUST REVERSER ARM switch?  If so what is it called?  M using axis and ohs.  Thanks in advance.

Please login to display this image.

On:

1·(>L:ASCRJ_TQ_REV1_MODE,·Number)·1·(>L:ASCRJ_TQ_REV2_MODE,·Number)

Off:

0·(>L:ASCRJ_TQ_REV1_MODE,·Number)·0·(>L:ASCRJ_TQ_REV2_MODE,·Number)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moridin said:

@LesOReilly Do you know which ones does the HUD up and down, btw? Can’t find it for the life of me!

Here u go.  Just pulled from one of the scripts here. Credit to the one who coded it.

HUD Down

1·(>L:ASCRJ_HGS_COMBINER_SET,·Bool)

HUD Up

0·(>L:ASCRJ_HGS_COMBINER_SET,·Bool)

• Upvote 2

Please forgive my intrusion in this thread as I am a Newbie to AAO. I attempted to load the templates for the buttons on the BTQ from the download link at the beginning of this thread for the CRJ. After launching AAO with MSFS 2020 and getting the AAO menu window (the CRJ is connected), I observe that when I press a button or turn a knob on the BTQ, the green lights come on and off for the appropriate event in the AAO assignments, but nothing actually happens in the aircraft (ie.  trying to set a heading or alt with the inc/decr knob). Obviously, I need to do something more/different. Can anyone recommend a place to find more documentation about AAO? I have read the included AAO manual, but I do not find that much help. After reading the previous posts (re: scripts etc,) I find myself completely lost on how to proceed. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

10 hours ago, rwilsonlj said:

Obviously, I need to do something more/different.

Do you have any scripts assigned to the button assignments? And do the scripts actually have actions in them that do something?

HI -- previously this worked for me.  But now, after MSFS and CRJ updates, it doesn't.  I reapplied all the templates, etc.  It is connected to the aircraft.  But the assigned buttons / rotaries don't change anything in the aircraft.  I really want the Bravo rotary to work.  Any thoughts?  Thx

8 hours ago, Moridin said:

Do you have any scripts assigned to the button assignments? And do the scripts actually have actions in them that do something?

As I do not know how/what the scripts do or how to assign them, I assume I do not have any scripts assigned. However, what I have read in previous posts, I really would like to understand what they do and how to assign them. Sorry, not much of an answer, but all I know at this point.

17 hours ago, Jan Gonzales said:

Please try closing the AAO window and open back again then try.  I assume u applied the template already with the aircraft. 

I tried that and hit assign templates to this aircraft again (which I had done after I downloaded the templates), it started working. Not sure what changed, but I will see what happens when I reload MSFS 2020 with the CRJ. 

Thanks all for your suggestions and input.

7 hours ago, rwilsonlj said:

As I do not know how/what the scripts do or how to assign them, I assume I do not have any scripts assigned. However, what I have read in previous posts, I really would like to understand what they do and how to assign them. Sorry, not much of an answer, but all I know at this point.

I tried that and hit assign templates to this aircraft again (which I had done after I downloaded the templates), it started working. Not sure what changed, but I will see what happens when I reload MSFS 2020 with the CRJ. 

Thanks all for your suggestions and input.

Yep that happens to me quite often after the update.. I just close AAO, reopen and everything works.

• Herman pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

ok I am having an issue now with a rotary encoder on a Leo Bodnar board.

I am using the encoder to control the ALT selection.  

Using the LVAR L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE  I can make the altitude increase but how do I then make it decrease when rotated the other way.

I am very new to this and just happy I made it increase...

52 minutes ago, paladin569 said:

ok I am having an issue now with a rotary encoder on a Leo Bodnar board.

I am using the encoder to control the ALT selection.  

Using the LVAR L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE  I can make the altitude increase but how do I then make it decrease when rotated the other way.

I am very new to this and just happy I made it increase...

I use the ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL_INC and ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL_DEC events

• Aerosoft
7 hours ago, Aplato said:

Hi Aplato,

The LeoBodnar encoder triggers two inputs on the BU 836 board.
On input for the CW rotation, another input for the CCW rotation.
You need to assing one input to the increment function and another input to the decrement function.

Best regards.

8 hours ago, Aplato said:

that would make sense but I do not see those in the list when I try to assign them.  those events do not exist.

1 hour ago, SimWare said:

Hi Aplato,

The LeoBodnar encoder triggers two inputs on the BU 836 board.
On input for the CW rotation, another input for the CCW rotation.
You need to assing one input to the increment function and another input to the decrement function.

Best regards.

23 minutes ago, paladin569 said:

that would make sense but I do not see those in the list when I try to assign them.  those events do not exist.

I apologize -- I can't really provide any further insight. I'm extremely new to doing anything involving LVARs and only managed to make my altitude selector work by creating actions triggering the aforementioned events in SPAD.neXt.

1 minute ago, Aplato said:

I apologize -- I can't really provide any further insight. I'm extremely new to doing anything involving LVARs and only managed to make my altitude selector work by creating actions triggering the aforementioned events in SPAD.neXt.

no problem.  I'm new to this stuff too just trying to work it out

17 minutes ago, paladin569 said:

no problem.  I'm new to this stuff too just trying to work it out

You use that same _change L:VAR but for counter clockwise you set it to -1.

The Change variables will always reset instantly back to a 0... so 1 goes up and -1 goes down :)

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Aplato said:

Hi Aplato,

Here is perhaps a solution for your application.
I use the BBI-32 from Leobodnar, but the BU-836 will also do the job.

Here are the code of the RPN scripts : 

INCREMENT : 
(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·10·+·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)·++·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)

DECREMENT : 
(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·10·-·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)·--·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)
Please see the video hereunder.

@SimWare I greatly appreciate the effort you made in typing up that response, but I don't actually have a problem with this to solve -- I think there has been a miscommunication here. When I wrote "I use the ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL_INC and ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL_DEC events", that was in response to another user who wasn't sure how to make the altitude decrease so I just said how I accomplished it using SPAD.neXt. :)