Axis and Oh's Templates for Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 - with cockpit animations and improved throttle binding

14.05.2021 o godzinie 23:44 Roberto034 powiedział:

Oto konfiguracja MCP Combo z VR Insight, wciąż dodająca rzeczy, ale autopilot działa naprawdę dobrze.

RĆ³wnież przełączniki obrotowe HDG ALT SPD BARO VS

CRJ.tmpl 65 kB Ā· 5 pobrań

Roberto034 ,Ā  what you use to connect rotary switches? Arduino?

50 minutes ago, Adam Mar said:

Roberto034 ,Ā  what you use to connect rotary switches? Arduino?

No I have a MCP Combo panelĀ  by VRinsight see picture above, there is a bridge for it to make it work on the Lorby website.

Ā 

But might be able to also use Arduino if Lorby Axis and OH can identify it as a controller then you can bind the correct actions to it with the software.

Ā 

Better is to ask that in the Lorby support forum, I have not enough knowledge of that!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2021 at 8:20 PM, Roberto034 said:

Here is a new template also the zooming on the ND works now on the MCP Combo and a lot of other things also!

Ā 

I am not sure if you need to install this script first:

RPN Scripts for Aerosoft CRJ series Ā» Microsoft Flight Simulator

Ā 

if it does not work install it!

CRJ.tmpl 65.03 kB Ā· 1 download

Hi Roberto.Ā  Where did u assign Range and Nav Source in your Bravo?Ā  Thanks.

On 4/1/2021 at 1:05 AM, FltsimFlyboy said:

Axis and Oh's Templates for Aerosoft CRJ 550/700

Hi! Here are a few Axis and Oh's templates for Aerosoft CRJ to use with the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle Quadrant.

The following templates are provided:

• ASCRJ_YOKE_HCALPHA
  • ASCRJ_TQ_HCBRAVO
  • ASCRJ_FCP_HCBRAVO

Additional RPN scripts are also provided to customize your hardware setup.

Ā 

Link:Ā Flightsim.to ā€¢ Axis and Oh's Templates for Aerosoft CRJ by FltsimFlyboy

Ā 
Notable Features
  • Cockpit animations and sounds associated with hardware controls
  • Multiple interaction modals for controls - press, long press, press and hold, etc.
  • Autopilot Flight Control Panel support
  • Custom throttle lever bindings enabling SHUT OFF/IDLE movements
  • Custom reverser bindings to automatically stow and disengage reversers when the handles are released (without the need to wiggle the levers)
Ā 
Improved Throttle Operation!

You need to use the commercial 2-engine setup for the levers on the TQ, using the middle two slots. Before starting the aircraft, move the throttle levers down to the detent button position. This corresponds to the throttle SHUT OFF position. When you need to introduce fuel to the engine, simply push forward the levers out from the detent position to the axis low position. This corresponds to clicking the red guards and moving the throttle to the IDLE position to introduce fuel. You will see the red locks disengaging automatically and the throttles moving to the IDLE position. To cut fuel and turn off the engines, move the throttle levers back to the detent position. You will see the red guards lifting automatically and throttles moving to the SHUT OFF position.

To engage the thrust reversers, pull the reverser handles back. This corresponds to setting the maximum reverse thrust. To disengage reverse thrust, just release the reverser handles. This will set the engines to IDLE, like in the real aircraft.

Note:Ā Ā No axis bindings are provided as part of the template. You need to set up your axis bindings according to Aerosoft's recommendation for the CRJ in the MSFS controls settings.
Ā 
GitHub Link for the project

GitHub - asmitde/axisandohs_templates: Scripts and templates for Axis and Oh's [MSFS]

Hi @FltsimFlyboyĀ Is there a fix for a GEAR DISAGREE on load?Ā  Thank you.

Seems to be an issue with the sim ā†” crj connection, unfortunately.

Ā 

Can you try this and let me know if it works?

Ā 

In AAO, go to the scripts editor and create two new scripts:

1. Title: ASCRJ_GEAR_UP
    Code:Ā Ā 0 (>L:ASCRJ_GEAR_GEAR_LEVER, Bool)
  2. Title: ASCRJ_GEAR_DN
    Code:Ā Ā 1 (>L:ASCRJ_GEAR_GEAR_LEVER, Bool)

Ā 

Remove existing gear assignments from MSFS and AAO (if any). Then, in the assigned buttons, create gear upĀ and down button assignments andĀ set these scripts to the key down events.

Ā 

Try it and let me know if the gear disagree warning is fixed, I'll add it to the template in that case.Ā :)Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

On 6/7/2021 at 1:57 AM, FltsimFlyboy said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Remove existing gear assignments from MSFS and AAO (if any). Then, in the assigned buttons, create gear upĀ and down button assignments andĀ set these scripts to the key down events.

Ā 

Try it and let me know if the gear disagree warning is fixed, I'll add it to the template in that case.Ā :)Ā 

Ā 

@FltsimFlyboyThanks a lot for this.Ā  I have disabled msfs gear settings and yes it does not warn anymore though if you switch airplane states, thats when it warns again.Ā  I will try this script and let u know.Ā  Thank you so much for ur efforts with this.Ā 

On 6/7/2021 at 1:57 AM, FltsimFlyboy said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hi @FltsimFlyboyIT WORKS! Thank you so much for this.

Thanks so much for this template.Ā  I just bought Axis and Ohs and used it for the first time this afternoon.Ā  Overall it was great except that my autopilot buttons are very sensitive.Ā  When I push VS for instance it toggles on/off/on/off very quickly.Ā  This happens when i just push the button, I am not holding it.Ā  I have trouble getting it to select, it takes multiple tries to get it. Also the rotary works well for altitude and heading but for vs mode it takes a lot of turns to get it, like it takes 5-10 turns to get 100 foot per second increments.

Ā 

Are there ways to adjust these?

Ā 

Thanks for helping a newbie!

• 1 month later...

hi @FltsimFlyboyfor crj throttle cut and idle, 1Ā·(>L:ASCRJ_TQ_CUTOFF_1,Ā·Number)Ā·(SLEEP:500)Ā·500Ā·(>L:ASCRJ_TQ_THROTTLE_1_POS,Ā·Number) and
1Ā·(>L:ASCRJ_TQ_CUTOFF_1,Ā·Number)Ā·(SLEEP:500)Ā·400Ā·(>L:ASCRJ_TQ_THROTTLE_1_POS,Ā·Number) wonā€™t work for throttle 1 (quickly jumps to IDLE and then back to SHUTOFF)but works perfectly for throttle 2, plz any ideas?

On 7/16/2021 at 1:46 AM, Moridin said:

Can anyone explain how to make a particular setup auto turn on for all liveries of a specific aircraft?

1. Create the "particular setup" you want.

2. Create a template of that particular set up, from the menu.

3. Load the livery that you want that particular set up to use.

4. Apply the template of the set up you want to the livery you want.

5. AAO will remember you choice next time you load that particular livery.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 7:05 PM, FltsimFlyboy said:

Before starting the aircraft, move the throttle levers down to the detent button position. This corresponds to the throttle SHUT OFF position. When you need to introduce fuel to the engine, simply push forward the levers out from the detent position to the axis low position. This corresponds to clicking the red guards and moving the throttle to the IDLE position to introduce fuel. You will see the red locks disengaging automatically and the throttles moving to the IDLE position.

I started customizing your config to suit my tastes and I have a few questions:

Ā 

1. The ā€œdetent positionā€ you mention - is that 0% on the throttle axis (not all the way back) or is that when you pull them back further, pushing through the detent (the separate switch position, which isnā€™t an axis anymore)? I can get some photos to clarify if my question isnā€™t understandable.

Ā 

2. So I understand that the ā€œaxis lowā€ position is more than 0% on the throttle axis (as seen in MSFS bindings)?

Ā 

3. Does anyone know the LVAR name for the Thrust Reverser switches, next to the pilotā€™s knee? I spent an hour looking for them yesterday and couldnā€™t get them to work.

4. Also looking for the LVAR to toggle the HUD down and up.

Ā 

On 7/31/2021 at 2:54 AM, Moridin said:

I started customizing your config to suit my tastes and I have a few questions:

Ā 

1. The ā€œdetent positionā€ you mention - is that 0% on the throttle axis (not all the way back) or is that when you pull them back further, pushing through the detent (the separate switch position, which isnā€™t an axis anymore)? I can get some photos to clarify if my question isnā€™t understandable.

Ā 

2. So I understand that the ā€œaxis lowā€ position is more than 0% on the throttle axis (as seen in MSFS bindings)?

Ā 

3. Does anyone know the LVAR name for the Thrust Reverser switches, next to the pilotā€™s knee? I spent an hour looking for them yesterday and couldnā€™t get them to work.

4. Also looking for the LVAR to toggle the HUD down and up.

Ā 

have you used AAO to gather the LVARs?Ā  Once I have done this I don't have too much difficulty finding and LVAR I want by using the AAO filter.Ā  Frankly that is what most will probably do to provide you with the LVAR.Ā Ā  Better to learn it yourself so you can get things done quickly.Ā 

As far as the thrust reversers are concerned, I don't believe you will be able to get them to work as in real life.Ā  It is a sim limitation.Ā  So they either are on full or off.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
vor 4 Stunden , Crabby sagte:

have you used AAO to gather the LVARs?Ā  Once I have done this I don't have too much difficulty finding and LVAR I want by using the AAO filter.Ā  Frankly that is what most will probably do to provide you with the LVAR.Ā Ā  Better to learn it yourself so you can get things done quickly.Ā 

As far as the thrust reversers are concerned, I don't believe you will be able to get them to work as in real life.Ā  It is a sim limitation.Ā  So they either are on full or off.

Ā 

Crabby is right indeed from an MSFS standpoint.

However, if you can use a throttle with an integrated analog portion dedicated to the reversers, the nternal CRJ onfiguration, accessible via the EFB in the cockpit, will
allow you to control the reversers proportionally.

Please login to display this image.

17 hours ago, Crabby said:

Yes! I finally foundĀ the Thrust Rev switches (left side of throttles on pedestal, the TR activation switches) and configured them.

Ā 

The thrust reversers work fine with my Honecomb Bravo but I wanted the switches that turn them on bound to a button. All working.Ā 
Ā 

Still canā€™t get the HUD to come down thoughā€¦

12 hours ago, SimWare said:

Crabby is right indeed from an MSFS standpoint.

However, if you can use a throttle with an integrated analog portion dedicated to the reversers, the nternal CRJ onfiguration, accessible via the EFB in the cockpit, will
allow you to control the reversers proportionally.

I apologize for not being clear enough. I meant those 2 switches left of the throttles, on the pedestal, that activate the thrust reversers. They can be set to Off or Armed. Got it working. šŸ––šŸ»Ā 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys.Ā  Is there any existing variable to assign some of my Bravo buttons for the THRUST REVERSER ARM switch?Ā  If so what is it called?Ā  M using axis and ohs.Ā  Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Jan Gonzales said:

Hi Guys.Ā  Is there any existing variable to assign some of my Bravo buttons for the THRUST REVERSER ARM switch?Ā  If so what is it called?Ā  M using axis and ohs.Ā  Thanks in advance.

I can check later. Itā€™s the one which isnā€™t obvious. Please ping me if I forget.

• Like 1

vor 9 Stunden , Jan Gonzales sagte:

Ā 

Use this:

ASCRJ_TQ_REV1_MODE
ASCRJ_TQ_REV2_MODE

Ā 

set the variables to 1 arms the reverse, set to 0 to disarm them.

Ā 

Greetings

Ā 

• Like 1

• Herman pinned this topic