Displays + FMC frozen, aircraft still flies, bug

hthjones13

Hi there - I note this has been answered in the FAQ - screens freezing, buttons no longer have any impact, switches and leavers won't move, FMC freezes, but the plane keeps flying. 

I've had this on three occasions now - each time, I had the same trigger: in-flight, going to the DEP ARR page in the FMC. The moment I do so, the issue occurs. 

Is there a fix/workaround? At the moment, I'm finding it v hard to actually complete a flight - when I go to enter an arrival, this happens! :) 

Any ideas would be very welcome!

• 1 month later...

Okay, I've just reproduced my flight. In mid flight, head over to departure tab, click arrival BHX. As soon as I press ILS15 that's when everything freezes. Going to test this theory with 2 different airports to see if i still get the same result. I've included a screenshot this time of my fps counter with WASM enabled.

Edit: Just done a flight from EGCC-EKCH, zero issues when following the step I did above. However when i entered EGBB as ALTN and tried to program ILS15 arrival, that is where everything crashes. Not sure what it doesn't like about Birmingham, but glad it's not an issue at every airport.

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, CharlieAlphaLima said:

However when i entered EGBB as ALTN and tried to program ILS15 arrival, that is where everything crashes. Not sure what it doesn't like about Birmingham, but glad it's not an issue at every airport.

Interesting... I know there is a bug that causes approaches with DME arcs to CTD, but it doesn't look like the ILS15 at EGBB has any DME arc (unless I'm looking at the wrong plate).

• 4 weeks later...

I've just run into the same problem. I clicked on the RNAV21-Z arrival at YBWX and everything stops working:

Please login to display this image.

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
On 5/30/2021 at 11:19 PM, CharlieAlphaLima said:

Glad my issue that was raised got a response from the developer! Much appreciated as always guys!!!!

???

Archived