CRJ 1.0.0.1 now officially on MSFS Marketplace but flight model is broken?

quasiguru

Just  thought I would let everyone know, that the CRJ 1.0.0.1 update is officially on the MSFS Marketplace. Now it does not show a version history, and the version number is still the same... I did however confirm upon update, that my FPS is not only higher but bugs that were addressed have officially been fixed. The CRJ now however, will not rotate until about 172 knots, I even went as far as deleting the aerosoft-crj folder in localappdata, and reinstalling the aircraft.... I did confirm my flight model is set to modern, and even tried cycling to legacy and back, but to no avail the aircraft will not lift off the ground until 172 knots... Definitely confused by this behavior, but other then that, it actually is a workable bird now...

Edit: I have now reset this twice, this last time resetting seems to have fixed the behavior, however, I am slightly curious now. So even though I deleted the Aerosoft CRJ folder, this was in turn recreated by FS2020 when I had relaunched the sim. I do not have rolling cache on, so I am really confused as to what is causing this folder to get recreated. I am not sure if this is a caching feature of the installer, or some sort of like cloud save, but even my throttle config got recreated in the same manner it was setup before except the idle position was showing 0 on the config (only difference)...

Now with that being said, I just deleted it for a third time, I started up the simulator and the second it got to the menu it recreated the aerosoft-crj directory and also created the work sub directory (which is empty) and the m7812b04a.obj file... I am sure this directory, subdirectory, and file are being recreated as the files are missing in the Simulator at startup in just the menu... 

image.thumb.png.a511aa6b43a9f8c6fd4ac8881ebfff36.png

However when loading the aircraft, all of a sudden even the ThrottleCalib.cfg returns to the previous state before it was deleted (except the idle value now shows 0)... This is incredibly bizarre behavior unless of course this is caused by some sort of cloud storage through MSFS Marketplace? Don't get me wrong I am not complaining that my throttle settings are being saved, but the fact that the file is being restored to the previous state after being deleted, makes me wonder is the FS Marketplace CRJ actually even doing a full reset? I mean, yes my default states change to ready to taxi instead of cold and dark like I set the aircraft for the new default state before... This might be something that Aerosoft may want to look into, to see if something weird is going on with the FS2020 Marketplace version of the CRJ. @Mathijs Kok Hans Hartmann

Aside from that, it is working now, and quite brilliantly I might add. Very impressed with the improvements, and I look forward to flying it more on VatSim and on my Twitch stream! :)  

With that being said, I have done many different steps to ensure functionality, but here is the end result. Change to a different aircraft in the sim, go to any airport, and click fly now... Once in the sim, go ahead and exit the simulator. Then delete your aerosoft-crj folder or just the mfiles from the directory, this information can be found here .

Once that is completed go ahead and reload your simulator select the CRJ and launch, everything should be back to normal.

vor 55 Minuten, Pavel Blokhin sagte:

Store version.

It's there now but due to MS's funny update logic/strategy with Launcher through MS Store and Marketplace ingame and Content Manager you need to visit the  latter to see and install the update. so go to Profile --> Content Manager --> Update Available to install the new CRJ

finally.....I just updated from the marketplace.

On a test flight I took off and flow around a bit. I did an ILS approach to return home, although everything looked great initially, the aircraft lost the glide slope and dropped below it even though speed was ok. Not sure if that was a new issue or I did something wrong...

• Aerosoft
3 minutes ago, oisk said:

finally.....I just updated from the marketplace.

On a test flight I took off and flow around a bit. I did an ILS approach to return home, although everything looked great initially, the aircraft lost the glide slope and dropped below it even though speed was ok. Not sure if that was a new issue or I did something wrong...

Please report these things in the correct forum section so they are not lost.

Yes thank you! And so he did. Everything went well.
Thanks again to the developers. Great plane!
I don't think this is a bug, but here's what I noticed (see screenshots):

Please login to display this image.

Hey all,

I just had a similar experience on the take off. VR was 125 knots. At 140 I still couldn't get the nose to come off the ground. I applied full back pressure and the plane finally lifted off just under 170 knots. Something's definitely off here.

Any suggestions?

Just now, Chaxterium said:

Hey all,

I just had a similar experience on the take off. V1 was 125 knots. At 140 I still couldn't get the nose to come off the ground. I applied full back pressure and the plane finally lifted off just under 170 knots. Something's definitely off here.

Any suggestions?

Did you read my second post starting with Edit? I gave the detailed steps to fix the issue... Start there.

3 minutes ago, quasiguru said:

Did you read my second post starting with Edit? I gave the detailed steps to fix the issue... Start there.

I'll give that a shot when I have the time but the point is that we shouldn't have to do that.

If I'm reading that correctly, you just deleted the Aerosoft CRJ folder?

3 minutes ago, Chaxterium said:

I'll give that a shot when I have the time but the point is that we shouldn't have to do that.

While I normally would agree with this, the FS Marketplace and the direct download of the Aerosoft CRJ are incredibly different ways of installing the aircraft. With that being said, this is a fairly significant update, so the FS Marketplace version could easily be having issues. While I do agree we should not have to reset the aircraft, I would rather find a way to fix the issue myself to make it enjoyable for the time being. There is the brief gist of what needs to be done. It does not take very long to fix...

With that being said, I have done many different steps to ensure functionality, but here is the end result. Change to a different aircraft in the sim, go to any airport, and click fly now... Once in the sim, go ahead and exit the simulator. Then delete your aerosoft-crj folder or just the mfiles from the directory, this information can be found here .

Once that is completed go ahead and reload your simulator select the CRJ and launch, everything should be back to normal.

10 minutes ago, quasiguru said:

While I do agree we should not have to reset the aircraft, I would rather find a way to fix the issue myself to make it enjoyable for the time being. There is the brief gist of what needs to be done. It does not take very long to fix...

Yeah that's fair. I thought the reset procedure was a lot more involved. It's really quick. Not a big deal. I'll give it a shot and see if that improves anything. Do you know if this will help with NAV mode not tracking straight? Every time the track changes more than about 20 degrees or so the plane just keeps swaying back and forth trying to get on track. Before the update I was able to settle it down by switching to heading mode and then going back to NAV mode but since the update not even that works.

I should add that strong upper winds definitely seem to exacerbate the situation.

1 minute ago, Chaxterium said:

Yeah that's fair. I thought the reset procedure was a lot more involved. It's really quick. Not a big deal. I'll give it a shot and see if that improves anything. Do you know if this will help with NAV mode not tracking straight? Every time the track changes more than about 20 degrees or so the plane just keeps swaying back and forth trying to get on track. Before the update I was able to settle it down by switching to heading mode and then going back to NAV mode but since the update not even that works.

Honestly, I have not had any of these issues in the new update. I did have them prior, so I am under the assumption it is fixed. It is not something that is listed under the update fixes though... 

27 minutes ago, Chaxterium said:

Hey all,

I just had a similar experience on the take off. VR was 125 knots. At 140 I still couldn't get the nose to come off the ground. I applied full back pressure and the plane finally lifted off just under 170 knots. Something's definitely off here.

Any suggestions?

25 minutes ago, quasiguru said:

Same problem here, and I followed your/AS directions to reset the aircraft three times. No joy. 

I believe something else is at play.

1 minute ago, kvk1 said:

Same problem here, and I followed your/AS directions to reset the aircraft three times. No joy. 

I believe something else is at play.

Did you also load into the sim with a different aircraft before exiting to Windows and then deleting the Aerosoft-crj folder? The only other possibility I can think of, as I was kind of manic working on this last night... On the EFB did you also set your vspeeds for takeoff under performance and set your stab trim? If in fact, the vspeeds need to be set, to get proper rotation speed, then something is awry.

21 minutes ago, quasiguru said:

Did you also load into the sim with a different aircraft before exiting to Windows and then deleting the Aerosoft-crj folder? The only other possibility I can think of, as I was kind of manic working on this last night... On the EFB did you also set your vspeeds for takeoff under performance and set your stab trim? If in fact, the vspeeds need to be set, to get proper rotation speed, then something is awry.

I will try this but, and this is nothing against you as you're being of great help, this is a whole lot of rain dancing to make sure the basic functionality/behavior of an airplane is functional. It's starting to feel like the FSX days of old and I am starting to get frustrated.

i invested a lot of time setting custom views and lvars.. will i keep that if i reset the plane? i honestly rather have a broken plane than go to that LVAR nightmare again to set all my buttons. Took me a full day.

1 hour ago, quasiguru said:

I'm happy to report that after the reset the take off issue seems to be fixed. Hopefully that was all I needed to do.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You mean the edges of the displays? That is because they are old style CRT's

Does it mean that your team even solved the distortion of the image on the screens ?!
You are just cool guys in this case!
Thank you again for your work! I really enjoy flying this plane.
Thumbs up.

4 minutes ago, Pavel Blokhin said:

Does it mean that your team even solved the distortion of the image on the screens ?!
You are just cool guys in this case!
Thank you again for your work! I really enjoy flying this plane.
Thumbs up.

What distortion are you referring to? The images on the screens have a slight contour to them. Is that what you're referring to? If so, the contour is there because it's simulating the CRT screens in the actual plane. That's how it's supposed to look. They did an amazing job on that.

1 hour ago, Chaxterium said:

Is that what you're referring to?

Pay attention to the 3 screenshots above.
When viewed from the position of the first officer, the engines look different on the screen (highlighted in red squares). If you move to the center, then they are the same. If you sit in the place of the co-pilot, again they are different, but in a different way.
The track line is also distorted.

Archived