Twin Otter 102, the unmentional update

• Aerosoft

Gents, as we are waiting for the mdl's to be updated by sibwings we do have a few things for you to play with. First of all you got to understand that this update only covers the 300 wheel model with the 'original' panel. The other models are yet to be updated. So only use these models:

1) France Airforce

2) FAE military

3) BA

You will find the update under the name AS_TWINOTTERX_102_UPD.zip in the FAQ / Support section of our shop. If you are not a tweaker, don't get this update, just wait a bit until we got the full update for all models. This is really for people who like to play around.

SOLVED

Flightmodel:

F007 : Wheel-ski crash when landing "gear up" (Partial Fixed, animation needs to be reversed)

F008 : Reverse with hardware controllers (Fixed, but with key assignment for the very last full back position area in FSUIPC)

F010 : MOI to be changed in .mdl file (Fixed, but only -300, until testing has ended)

Gauges:

G004 : Oil temp gauge mismatch (Fixed)

G008 : Marker beacons added (Fixed)

G012 : Beta range light logic changed (Fixed)

G013 : DME needs to be added (Fixed)

G011 : Glide slope indicator added to HSI (Fixed)

G013 : DME added to Virtual cockpit (Fixed)

Interior model issues:

I004 : VC lighting (Fixed)

Exterior model issues:

E001 : Propeller wobble on some models (Fixed)

Other:

O001 : Possibility to add 3rd party panel popups like FSMap and Xgauge (Fixed)

STILL OPEN (needs changes in the mdl's)

Flightmodel:

F007 : Wheel-ski animation needs to be reversed

Gauges:

G001 : Avionics switch placement

G003 : 100 model torque gauge calibration

Exterior model issues:

E005 : Prop rotation

Interior model issues:

I001 : Misaligned knobs on modern radios and GPS

I003 : Power lever animation at idle and reverse

Thanks for this update. It's still lively enough to be great fun to fly, without the annoying pitch up/down tendencies associated with throttle changes in earlier versions. I think I'll give Lukla another try :)

Tom

Thanks for the update Mathijs. Great fun to fly and great short-field performance. :)

Glad to see the glidepath arrows have arrived on the HSI; however, mine are working in reverse. When above the glidepath my arrows are above centre and when below the glidepath they are below centre. They should work in the opposite sense (ie: when below the glidepath they should be above centre, etc) acting a flightpath demands in the same way as the centreline index does.

Looking forward to the full 1.10

ATB

Brian

mathjis,

let me ask this, shouldn't there be 3 light switches for inside the plane?

1) panel instruments lights

2) cockpit lights

3) rear cabin light

just curious doesn't the real twotter have these?

Thanks for the update Mathijs. Great fun to fly and great short-field performance. :)

Glad to see the glidepath arrows have arrived on the HSI; however, mine are working in reverse. When above the glidepath my arrows are above centre and when below the glidepath they are below centre. They should work in the opposite sense (ie: when below the glidepath they should be above centre, etc) acting a flightpath demands in the same way as the centreline index does.

Looking forward to the full 1.10

ATB

Brian

I quite agree with you. I can exactly land on the Lugano (LSZA) RWY 01 (ILS glide slope: 6.65 degree) with this excellent plane.

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara