Ground Steering CRJ using additional joystick

Hi all

I use a Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo for flying, but would like to add an additional joystick for ground steering.  Is this possible and if so, how would the nosewheel tiller be assigned to the new axis?

thanks

• Aerosoft

Hi,

to my knowledge there currently is no distinctive tiller axis in MSFS. Of course you can assign the rudder axis to another device as well and just use that in order to simulate a tiller. But in the end this will also be just another rudder axis.

• Aerosoft
On 31.3.2021 at 11:30, BenBaron sagte:

Hi,

to my knowledge there currently is no distinctive tiller axis in MSFS. Of course you can assign the rudder axis to another device as well and just use that in order to simulate a tiller. But in the end this will also be just another rudder axis.

Hi Transair,
As BenBaron said, there is no dedicated axis for the tiller only.
However, you can use two buttons assigned to INCREASE STEERING & DECREASE STEERING functions..
One button will steer the nosewhell to the left, the other to the right.
The rudder won't be affected.

There is a work-around that works for almost all aircraft. If you have FSUIPC7 you can use a second axis as tiller. It will blend the input of this axis and the rudder based on your speed and send both to the rudder. See this post for some more details:

thanks for the replies.

I saw the decrease and increase steering options and have mapped these to the joystick.  Even with reactivity and other settings very low, the nosewheel does move with small uses of the joystick but is subject to hard left/right with more input.  i.e. it is possible to steer on the ground with carefully measured input, so that's a start.  

Archived