Aerosoft Airport Friedrichshafen (CTD)

Car147

Hi

I purchased this addon earlier tonight but i am getting a ctd everytime i select a departure gate it starts to load and boom ! ctd. I removed the airport, and re-installed, still the same . All other addons are working fine.

Here's the event viewer report.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          31/03/2021 00:56:36
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DESKTOP-MSR1ORA
Description:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60420f33
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.844, time stamp: 0x60a6ca36
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000063416
Faulting process ID: 0xabc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d725bf9baa92fe
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: 87d2768f-1de4-46b9-869e-81eb51badfba
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-03-30T23:56:36.9715548Z" />
    <EventRecordID>9222</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-MSR1ORA</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>FlightSimulator.exe</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>60420f33</Data>
    <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.19041.844</Data>
    <Data>60a6ca36</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0000000000063416</Data>
    <Data>abc</Data>
    <Data>01d725bf9baa92fe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>87d2768f-1de4-46b9-869e-81eb51badfba</Data>
    <Data>Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe</Data>
    <Data>App</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Folowed by this

Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
Date:          31/03/2021 00:57:31
Event ID:      10016
Task Category: None
Level:         Warning
Keywords:      Classic
User:          DESKTOP-MSR1ORA\clive
Computer:      DESKTOP-MSR1ORA
Description:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
 and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
 to the user DESKTOP-MSR1ORA\clive SID (S-1-5-21-1244263171-1118291673-1105894752-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-03-30T23:57:31.9810299Z" />
    <EventRecordID>22719</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation ActivityID="{9c40f1c2-c078-454e-85c3-6ccc60ddd824}" />
    <Execution ProcessID="1084" ThreadID="4036" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-MSR1ORA</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-1244263171-1118291673-1105894752-1001" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">Local</Data>
    <Data Name="param3">Activation</Data>
    <Data Name="param4">{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}</Data>
    <Data Name="param5">{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}</Data>
    <Data Name="param6">DESKTOP-MSR1ORA</Data>
    <Data Name="param7">clive</Data>
    <Data Name="param8">S-1-5-21-1244263171-1118291673-1105894752-1001</Data>
    <Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data>
    <Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data>
    <Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

• Deputy Sheriffs

For test purpose please move all folders you have in your "Community" folder to somewhere else (e.g. C:\MSFS_TEMP\") and try again.

Hi Tom

Just tried as you requested, I use  a Addon Linker so normally only link the addons i want to use in that flight. With only EDNY in the community folder it still ctd's when loading (straight after picking the departure gate, and the progress bar is displayed about halfway to completing.)

Do you think there could be a conflict with other payware addons as i also own LFSB  Basel-Mulhouse, LSZH Zurich, and LOWI Innsbruck. Non of these were in the community folder during this latest test.

Thanks in advance

• Deputy Sheriffs

As I can't reproduce your problem, I would suggest, that you also try to temporarily move your add-ons from the MSFS Marketplace out from the "Official\OneStore" folder.

24 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

As I can't reproduce your problem, I would suggest, that you also try to temporarily move your add-ons from the MSFS Marketplace out from the "Official\OneStore" folder.

Ok, will do. I know it's working fine for others as i can see other players aircraft when i am selecting the departure gate.

Thanks again.

31 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Not all files, just the folders of the add-ons you have purchased via the MSFS marketplace.

Now we're getting somewhere. With all my Market Place addons removed it's working fine! I guess i now need to put each one back to replicate the issue?

Thanks for your help so far Tom, it's appreciated.

Just now, Tom A320 said:

Corrects, that how I would continue to identify the add-on which seems to interfere with EDNY.

Will do Tom, i will report back with the info.

Cheer's

Found it, Bredok3d KSLC. Removed and it loads fine, then returned it to the One folder and ctd launching EDNY. I have now removed the Bredok addon from MSFS, and returned all other addons and tested, all working fine. Many thanks for your assistance with this matter.

Cheer's

Hello 

Today i bought and Installed Friedrichshafen EDNY .

Whenever i try to load a flight i get an immediate CTD ! I do Not own Bredok3d KSLC !!

I do have some freeware and lots of Payware Scenery !

Any idea what might be the issue ?

Thank you ,

Mike 

1 hour ago, michalis said:

Hello 

Today i bought and Installed Friedrichshafen EDNY .

Whenever i try to load a flight i get an immediate CTD ! I do Not own Bredok3d KSLC !!

I do have some freeware and lots of Payware Scenery !

Any idea what might be the issue ?

Thank you ,

Mike 

Likely one of your freeware/payware addons. Only way to find out which addon is causing the issue is to remove the others from your community folder, only leaving EDNY and it should load fine. (if that works)  Then you will need to put each other addon back one at a time, and testing each time until you find the culprit.

• Developer

You can first check, if in the file structure of the Friedrichshafen Package you find a file called Modellib.bgl.

If so, this could generate a CTD in combi with other addon packages.

8 hours ago, OPabst said:

You can first check, if in the file structure of the Friedrichshafen Package you find a file called Modellib.bgl.

If so, this could generate a CTD in combi with other addon packages.

Hello and thanks for your reply !

Yes there is : modelLib.BGL   Inside my Scenery folder , Objects folder !!

9 hours ago, Car147 said:

Likely one of your freeware/payware addons. Only way to find out which addon is causing the issue is to remove the others from your community folder, only leaving EDNY and it should load fine. (if that works)  Then you will need to put each other addon back one at a time, and testing each time until you find the culprit.

Hello Car147 and thanks for your reply !

Today i removed everything from my msfs community folder and i let only EDNY (friedrichshafen airport) .

I tried to load a flght and i got an Immediate CTD !

I Uninstall the scenery and reinstalled it ! I tried again ( Again there is only edny in my msfs2020 community folder ) , and Again i got CTD !

No idea what is going on !!

Mike 

• Developer
1 hour ago, michalis said:

Hello and thanks for your reply !

Yes there is : modelLib.BGL   Inside my Scenery folder , Objects folder !!

Ok, that should be a possible reason for the issue, as it is a known problem.

A rename of the file will only help, when the layout file is changed too. So the developer must change the asset name in his project source and provide a new Package, thats the only way to fix it.

The problem is generated by the fact, that the SDK and his samples used this name and the SDK was not clear to define, that the name must be individual for any project, otherwise the filesystem concept of Asobo gets in trouble.

3 hours ago, OPabst said:

A rename of the file will only help, when the layout file is changed too. So the developer must change the asset name in his project source and provide a new Package, thats the only way to fix it.

The problem is generated by the fact, that the SDK and his samples used this name and the SDK was not clear to define, that the name must be individual for any project, otherwise the filesystem concept of Asobo gets in trouble.

Ok , thanks 

So i understand i have to wait for an Update from the Developer ?

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 4/2/2021 at 9:18 AM, OPabst said:

Very interesting. I have 12 modelLib.BGL, 8 add-ons (from 4 devs), 4 default sceneries.

• Developer
22 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Very interesting. I have 12 modelLib.BGL, 8 add-ons (from 4 devs), 4 default sceneries.

Yes, as always it is not a clear situation, but the rename was the fix to solve such issues, which not happend for anyone or in clear reproduceable conditions.

The virtual filesystem of MSFS is a system with many open questions, maybe not all we have seen yet ;)

19 hours ago, OPabst said:

Yes, as always it is not a clear situation, but the rename was the fix to solve such issues, which not happend for anyone or in clear reproduceable conditions.

The virtual filesystem of MSFS is a system with many open questions, maybe not all we have seen yet ;)

Today i installed the new version of Friedrichshafen V1.0.0.1 .

Unfortunately it did not fix the Issue and i continue to get CTD !!

Any idea when the developer will fix it ?

Thank you 

Mike 

I just wanted to update via the AS Updater...But it tells me I have to download the whole thing again.
Serious? Why can´t an update that probably contains only some changed files be spreaded via the updater?
I ask as other vendors don´t have this update yet.

Archived