FSX crash on takeoff from Mega Airport Zurich

Eaglemotion

Good evening.

I just encountered a problem/bug when departing from the Mega Airport Zurich V2.0 in FSX Steam Edition.

I have tried it in two aircraft:

I departed twice in a fully loaded PMDG 777 connected to Vatsim from runway 34 and when I was passing around 2600ft after takeoff the sim froze for maybe 10s and then CTD. (staying in Cockpit view all the time)

Thereafter I tried it offline in the Aerosoft A320, again departing from runway 34 and once again at around 2600ft when I got into the outside view to look back at the airport the sim froze and then crashed with no warning.

Whilst doing all of these things I of course monitored the VAS of FSX and at takeoff it was always around 3.5GB which is pretty close but not as close to 4.194GB as FSX usual is when it crashes.

This meaning that an OOM is rather unlikely since at liftoff FSX's VAS was as I said around 3.5GB and I can't imagine it just jumping to 4GB randomly after departure when the airport is not even in sight any more and then crashing because of an OOM...

Any ideas?

For me this is a very strange problem that I have never seen before and I find it rather sad because I was looking forward to flying long-hauls with the Mega Airport and the PMDG 777...

Thank you for even reading this :)

vor 31 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

Just to be sure it’s not an OOM, have you tried with minimal settings?

I am about to do a complete reinstall of FSX Steam, not only because of the issue listed above but also because I have had issues with Dual Existence of both FSX Boxed and FSX Steam Edition registries... I hope this also fixes the crash problem on takeoff at Zurich...

Archived