ALTS Altitude capture

Greetings,

Since the last MSFS update and I have the latest CRJ version installed the AP is not capturing the altitude selected (on decent) 50+% of the time. This is particularly apparent using VNAV. On the climb it seems okay. I have looked through the manuals and do not think I am missing anything. It is not following the "star" on the right side of the PFD. The last flight it went into a 4000'+ rate of decent and maintained it. Until the last MSFS update of several days ago it worked flawlessly. I have not seen this issue mentioned by anyone else.

Dave

I noticed a similar issue.  I had no problem capturing altitude on climb out.  I was descending using VS mode.  I couldn't get the aircraft to descend faster than 1500 fpm.  It then broke through the set altitude.  I double checked and the AP was still engaged.

Same here. I set alt to 31000 and climbed via both vs and speed but on both occasions the aircraft climbs to 31200 and stays there with ALTS CAP in green. 

Are you guys submitting tickets?

On 3/30/2021 at 10:29 AM, dbw said:

Greetings,

Since the last MSFS update and I have the latest CRJ version installed the AP is not capturing the altitude selected (on decent) 50+% of the time. This is particularly apparent using VNAV. On the climb it seems okay. I have looked through the manuals and do not think I am missing anything. It is not following the "star" on the right side of the PFD. The last flight it went into a 4000'+ rate of decent and maintained it. Until the last MSFS update of several days ago it worked flawlessly. I have not seen this issue mentioned by anyone else.

Dave

On 3/31/2021 at 2:01 PM, jcbak said:

I noticed a similar issue.  I had no problem capturing altitude on climb out.  I was descending using VS mode.  I couldn't get the aircraft to descend faster than 1500 fpm.  It then broke through the set altitude.  I double checked and the AP was still engaged.

On 4/1/2021 at 1:52 AM, HZ-AKA said:

Same here. I set alt to 31000 and climbed via both vs and speed but on both occasions the aircraft climbs to 31200 and stays there with ALTS CAP in green. 

Archived