TCA throttle #1 does not give over 30% N1

Hi, I have set up my TCA throttle and everything works fine except the #1 throttle. Both idle at 21%. When I advance the throttles, #2 go's to full power, but #1 go's to about 30% and no higher. I have done all the calibrations that are posted on the forums. This is the only issue with my set up.

• Aerosoft

Hi Greg,

Two questions, please.

- Do both the levers move to the max in the sim or is the #1 throttle visually below the #2 ? 
- Did you set the sentitivity of both throttle axes to a linear curve in Flight Simulator ?

24 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Hi Greg,

Two questions, please.

- Do both the levers move to the max in the sim or is the #1 throttle visually below the #2 ? 
- Did you set the sentitivity of both throttle axes to a linear curve in Flight Simulator ?

Yes, both throttles move visually. I did set to a linear curve. Both throttles are calibrated by the EFB also. It detects all movements. I started the CJR ready to taxi and now #1 engine does not even start. Hangs at 20%.

• Aerosoft

Both throttle levers in the sim are to the max but the engine #2 shows 100% while the engine #1 only shows 30%, right ?
I just want to check if the issue is harware or software.
Thank you.

7 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Both throttle levers in the sim are to the max but the engine #2 shows 100% while the engine #1 only shows 30%, right ?
I just want to check if the issue is harware or software.
Thank you.

Yes. engines idle at 21%. When I go to full power #1 go's to 30%. #2 go's to 100%. But today I tried and #1 engine is at 3% and seems like it's not getting fuel.

• Aerosoft

Can you check if no axis or button from any connected device is assigned to the mixture functions ?
If leaned, this could cause the engine to stop or not go to full power.
I know there is no mixture control in a jet aircraft, but this is due to how the internal systems of Flight Simulator work.

I found that my Bravo throttle was conflicting with the TCA. I set the Bravo profile with no throttle functions but I guess it's something else. So I turned off the Bravo USB and now the TCA works fine! 

Thanks for the help.

• Aerosoft

Dear Greg,

This must be the culprit indeed.
The default assignment for the Bravo throttle are to the mixture (as the quadrant is intended to be used with a piston engine)
If the mixture levers are not fully to the max, this could cause the problem you had.

Glad it is now solved.

Happy flyings. 

• Aerosoft

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived