V Speeds not calculated at high altitude airports.

stescouse

My V Speeds will not automatically calculate at high altitude airports.  I've read the manuals, cleared out my community folder, tried different weights and set the altitude first in the cabin pressure.  At low altitude airports it's fine.  Am I doing something wrong?

Please login to display this image.

The Bombardier documentation available to the developer regarding V speeds only went to to 6000 feet. I believe they are trying to obtain data for higher elevations. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the kind assistance of a real CRJ captain, Hans has been provided with V speed data for airport elevations up to 10,000 feet, which I assume will be incorporated into the EFB in an update.

• 3 weeks later...

On very rare instances (as I did the other week) I flew her into La Paz which iirc was 13,000 ft or so - so vspeeds where therefore inaccurate in the EFB (but was expected anyway).

Best tip here I can give anyone - fly the aircraft! If you get the speed right for approach you should be between 2°-3° attitude on finals... Then you know your speed is probably about right.

Archived