I had a flight into Albany NY tonight on VATSIM. I didn't file a STAR and didn't put an approach in the FMS until they gave it too me. 

I noticed that without any kind of Constraint in the FMS (from a STAR or APP) the FMS did not calculate a TOD nor did it give me sort of VNAV info.

Once I loaded an APP it calculated a TOD and VNAV did its thing.

Isn't the plane suppose to calculate a TOD regardless of the whether or not I've loaded/edited/added a constraint? 

If it is suppose to do that than this is a bug.

Regards 

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I am using the latest version, updated last night via AS Update app.

Did you manually add a Constraint for Altitude at the "next" or Last Waypoint?  It will need to have something in the FMS for the TOD to calculate I would expect.

1 hour ago, LesOReilly said:

Did you manually add a Constraint for Altitude at the "next" or Last Waypoint?  It will need to have something in the FMS for the TOD to calculate I would expect.

No I didnt. I wasnt sure of this how the actual airplane behaves thats why I asked. I know in 73s 320s etc even if you have no constraints, stars or appraoches in the box it will still calculate a vnav profile and give you a TOD. 

Wonder if this is related...

Granted all of my testing was on v1.0.0.0 but I didn't see anything in the release notes speaking to this topic. Sure seems like something about how the constraints on the STAR come in, isn't correct.

Archived