Rain on windsheild for the Twin Otter

darthbrooklyn

Hello, im a newbie here and just purchased the DHC-6.... Love it

Anyway, i was wondering if anyone here is familiar with VCRAIN.EXE and if it would work with this plane... Would love to see the working wipers actually have something to wipe.... : )

Thanks

Yes FS2004 has rain on the windshield in the Virtual cockpit.

FSX has not.

Finn

I can't believe I never noticed the difference!! Still, as I recall, the rain effects were not that amazing.

You can restore rain on the VC front windshield by taking an FS2004 equipped aircraft and porting both it and the associated texture files over to FS-X. For example, I restored rain drops on my Flight One Skyhawk by doing this.

However, in order to work the actual aircraft model has to be rendered to support this texture file appearing on the windshield. Since FSX does not support this (a last minute cost and time saving move by Aces, I'm afraid) no designer wishes to spend the time to integrate it -- and to be honest I don't blame them. To do so would be to expend great effort simply to allow those with FS2004 to port over all the required files. Few folks wish to do that.

Cheers,

Ken