HUD always down

Querer

After the update, my HUD is already down and locked when firing up the sim in cold & dark. Clickspot according manual is non-existent. Something wrong there? Or do I have to do something in particular? Thanks for any help,

Regards

Chris

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Chris,

Does it only happen with the cold and dark state or also with other states? I am unable to recreate this issue myself? Anyone else with similar issue?

Just tried several other states, always the same. I realized furthermore that during climb, the info on the HUD suddenly disappears and never re-appears again. Something bugged here...

Furthermore I noticed that the plane does rather steep turns and during those turns, the plane starts to vibrate visibly. A very fast but almost noticable vibration. Strange. Might to have to reset the plane...

2 hours ago, Querer said:

Just tried several other states, always the same. I realized furthermore that during climb, the info on the HUD suddenly disappears and never re-appears again. Something bugged here...

Furthermore I noticed that the plane does rather steep turns and during those turns, the plane starts to vibrate visibly. A very fast but almost noticable vibration. Strange. Might to have to reset the plane...

I would suggest a reset. Something appears corrupted the aircraft after the update.

Resetting as described here in the forums by M. Kok did not change anything. Still the same issue, HUD folds down as soon as I click on "ready to fly" and no clickspot to fold it away. Guess I have to reinstall the whole plane? BTW: I now tested several liveries of the -700, default ones and downloaded ones, the same issue for all. The -500 I did not test yet. 

Could it be related to the working title G3000 mod? This is the only thing I updated in the last days...

Re-installation of the plane fixed the issue with the HUD being down right after firing up the sim. 

HOWEVER, the clickspot as described in the manuals still does not exist, now I am unable to unfold the HUD. But that is definitively the smaller issue, but still wondering what could be the reason. Is the clickspot in the manual the correct one? Why does this not exist in my case?

• Deputy Sheriffs

To be a bit clearer:
- to store the HUD you click on the screen

- to release it you use the clickspot as shown in the manual

Please login to display this image.

Same issue here with the HGS bein down right after loading the flight.

First I updated the CRJ by using the Aerosoft updater. Then the above mentioned issue came up.

Then I uninstalled the aircraft, made a fresh download of the 1.0.0.1 installer and reinstalled the CRJ.

The same issue -the HGS came down right after loading the flight.

And the HGS cannot be stored again, no matter where I click, neither by clicking on the encasing, nor by clicking directly on the screen.

• Deputy Sheriffs

After updating MFS and the CRJ to its latest version, I have no problem moving the HUD up and down.

Do you get the "hand" when you move the mouse to the clickspot, like in my screeshot above?

Yes, I got the "hand".

But - I was finally able to solve the problem in the following way:

I recognized that after the deinstallation several files were still left in the simulator's folder

...LocalState\packages\aerosoft-crj.

I made a backup of these files and then deleted the content of the folder.

Now I made a fresh reinstall of the CRJ. During this installation and the following initialization the files were newly generated.

Now the HGS completely behaves as it is supposed to. It doesn't come down automatically and it is possible to move it up and down again.

Maybe this could serve as a workaround for users experiencing the same problem?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Is it by any chance possible, that something interfered with the CRJ and its files in the folder, causing the problem (writing a corrupt file) in the first place? 

There is a certain chance that an anti virus software is involved into this. If the problem occurs again, reinstall the CRJ like described above in this topic and configure an exclusion within your anti virus software for the also above mentioned folder.

On 3/30/2021 at 4:54 PM, mopperle said:

To be a bit clearer:
- to store the HUD you click on the screen

- to release it you use the clickspot as shown in the manual

Is it? Neither one is working on my case, at least the HUD is now (permanently) stored. That is how it is explained in the manual I have:

• Deputy Sheriffs

For whatever reason, you seem to have an outdated documentation. This is what I see:

Where did you buy your CRJ?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes this was updated on the documentation for version 1.0.0.1. The clickspot on the old documentation was incorrect. Apologies for that.

Alright, I will try a re-install.

I have noticed that when clicking the HUD to stow it, the display stops updating (but it still appears frozen and in the down position).  Not sure if that helps troubleshoot for folks...

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, FlyByWire128 said:

Alright, I will try a re-install.

I have noticed that when clicking the HUD to stow it, the display stops updating (but it still appears frozen and in the down position).  Not sure if that helps troubleshoot for folks...

That is expected behavior.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived